ANU undergrad mid-year enrolment (1 Viewer)

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
Does anyone know what the quota is like for Arts Law mid year enrolment at ANU and when the enrolment dates usually are? My UAI was 96.50/ATAR 96.75. Should that be enough to make it in mid-year?

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
Well, just called them up and they apparently "usually do" have mid year entry, depending on the college, but you don't apply through UAC, you do it through ANU. They announce their decision for mid-year intake in April on their website...

I want to start studying something already!!!! Urgh.

buyhercandy

HSC
I work in one of the Colleges at ANU, and I can confirm that ANU usually does do mid-year intake, but as one poster said above, applications go directly through the relevant College and not through UAC.

We won't know until mid-April if each College will be having a mid-year intake, though. It's supposed to go up on the ANU website around the end of the month.

Otherwise, I'd call the College you're interested in applying to (eg, College of Arts and Social Sciences, College of Asia and the Pacific), and ask them in maybe a week's time.

folie

HSC
N/A

Qwertatious

HSC
I spoke to admissions this week, and apparently ANU has suddenly change their policy for 2nd semester enrollments. They've decided not to have a take in aANY new students next semester across the whole university. Except if you're an international student, then you're welcome...which imo is rubbish.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
They've obviously made an effort not to publicise it...

I think this could be linked to the accomodation shortage and them not wanting to have to dishonour their first year accom guarantee.

gingerwitch28

HSC
They've obviously made an effort not to publicise it...

I think this could be linked to the accomodation shortage and them not wanting to have to dishonour their first year accom guarantee.
They seriously have to make a choice between scrapping the guarantee or knocking later year (3rd+) down the preference list.

Or else build a new college/hall.

ajdlinux

HSC
They seriously have to make a choice between scrapping the guarantee or knocking later year (3rd+) down the preference list.

Or else build a new college/hall.
They're building SA3 which should be open next year I believe, and Laurus Wing Stage 2 will be open soon as well so they can move 3rd years and later into there.

gingerwitch28

HSC
That's true, but there's nothing to say that later year students will actually want to move from say, main wing of Ursies to Laurus. And this year, UL had heaps of its spots filled by first-years. Even with the new types of accommodation, there's no saying that future firsties will get the advantage of a friendly, integrated college environment which so many later year students have already had.

Bitter? Of course not...

ajdlinux

HSC
That's true, but there's nothing to say that later year students will actually want to move from say, main wing of Ursies to Laurus.
My guess is that they'll all end up full - UAS could force it if need be.

And this year, UL had heaps of its spots filled by first-years. Even with the new types of accommodation, there's no saying that future firsties will get the advantage of a friendly, integrated college environment which so many later year students have already had.
That is definitely true - college life is something quite unique and these new developments won't really replicate that.

Bitter? Of course not...
:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)