anyone doing biochemistry of movement in 2007? (1 Viewer)

Gabble9889

HSC
hey is the chem context have only 3 chapters in it? i think i got that one as well to use cept i got mine on disk so if u want i can maybe send it to in via email or something!

us 3 seem to be the only ppl here doing it so we might as well use the sam resources since there isnt much!

im up to the 4th part of the syllabus got help me! i did the first 3 a double period! and im well infront of my class with there topic! haha suckers!

get back to me about the chem contexts stuff kk!

all4gsus

HSC
yeah, that would be great! i only have the excel book... and my teachers aren't being very helpful with giving me resources... even the bio teachers!!

we're doing our option after our trials.... which means i have heaps of time... i've got basic notes... but some of it is hard to udnerstand with the excel book... so if anyone has any notes or resources... and i will try help too... if i can?

my email is all4gsus@gmail.com

thanks a heap guys!

ps. i'll send you guys my notes when i have finished them... then we can all swap and add to each others...

HSC
Hey everyone, how'd you trials go? In my opinion math can die so can the core's of chem, haven't got the biochem option back yet. Dumb teacher. Did you guys do the biochem option part? I did the catholic schools one and it was heaps easy. Bio was got i got 4th highest in school and 6th in rel. Don't know about eng, but probably one of the highest :) Hope all you're trials went superly well!!!

Gabble9889

HSC
hey guys! have u seen how many more people are on here for bio chem!

i didnt go to go with my biochem section! well didnt do to good witrh chem at all! 42.5%came second!how sad! got 12 out of 25 for biochem! i believe i got ripped off with the questions though!lol HSC questions are easier than what i got in my trial!

did alright in my other subjcets! 2nd in bio! only 1.5 marks off first!so close! 2nd pd, 3rd math!(failed it though!) i agree it can go to hell! and 1st in cafs! and then top 5 english! not too bad!

finally done with biochem! way aheadof my chem class with there option! do any of us have any trial papers for the biochem question! i have all the hsc questions but i want to be heaps prepared!

tlk to ya all later

oh p.s noticed all these other ppl who are doings biochem have TEACHERS!lol what are they whinging about lol

BYEBYE

joa.nst.ar

likes fluffy things
HSC
Hey guys
im doing biochem this year! my teacher has a masters in it so its kind of his specialty. the main problem ive found is that there arent any good textbooks, none of the normal chem ones seem to have biochem in them. :(
i think its really interesting. its not very hard once you get the big picture. the hsc online site is ok if you guys havent already checked it out.

all4gsus

HSC
i did alright in my trials... got about ave for chem... but we didn't have to do our option as part of it, we did an extra bit instead.... did good in pe and religion, and sorta ok in english.. but the rest were pretty average...

now.. in regards to biochem... can some please explain oxidative phosphorylation (in regards to dot point 9.7.9.5?)... hsc online doesn't say it very well... and my text book (context and excel) aren't very good at it either..

thanks guys! :)

Gabble9889

HSC
its kinda of difficult to understand aye! if u get past hsc questions there are ones on that just check out the anwers/ marking scheme for them to get an idea on what they might ask about them! it makes it easier to understand and then ur prepared for a question on it!

HSC
all4gsus said:
i did alright in my trials... got about ave for chem... but we didn't have to do our option as part of it, we did an extra bit instead.... did good in pe and religion, and sorta ok in english.. but the rest were pretty average...

now.. in regards to biochem... can some please explain oxidative phosphorylation (in regards to dot point 9.7.9.5?)... hsc online doesn't say it very well... and my text book (context and excel) aren't very good at it either..

thanks guys! :)
what dot point did you need help with? im hopeless with the numbers, lol

all4gsus

HSC
ok... it says process information from a simplified flow chart of biochemical pathways to analyse the steps in oxidative phosphorylation....

but i'll have a look at the past papers..... and whn i type it up (tonight, if all goes according to plan), i shall email it through... and we can share notes.... the more the merrier!

HSC
Re: anyone doing biochemistry of movement in 2007? that makes 4 from kingy

i've done it so if you need any help just tell me ok?

Gabble9889

HSC
thought id might update ya on my boring school life!
found out i ranked 1st in pd woo woo and i think i got 2nd chem... not too bad!
also scary stuff this week applied for uni! argh this year has gone to quickly... 2 weeks till graduation!

ok now back to the bio chemically front lol
do any of u have info on the viscosity and solubility of glycerol??

joa.nst.ar

likes fluffy things
HSC
it's highly viscous because of the polar OHs, allowing for intramolecular bonding - both dipole-dipole and hydrogen.
it's highly soluble because its so polar, so water can latch on and because the oxygen in water is more electronegative than carbon the water can pull apart the glycerol molecule

Gabble9889

HSC
thanks heaps!

welcome to our little study group we have here! lol

all4gsus

HSC
ok... well i'm glad you guys are all going so well.. i did a practice paper today, and not only could i not answer half of the questions.. but the other half i got about 60%. so does someone want to tutor me? i didn't think it would be this difficult without a teacher...

see, the thing is, i know most of it... but not in enough detail that they want it.

but the reason i actually came on here was to ask what everyone did for the experiment? casue some of the papers i've looked through ask for an enzyme and ask for both pH and temperature... not just one or the other.... they wanted the effect of both on one enzyme... but i did two different ones... anyone help me?

ellerose

HSC
HEy
im doing biochem this year... its really hard and our teacher is not helping...
do u understand most of it...

all4gsus

HSC
does anyone have a website or something about the chemical composition or whatever the dot point ois of proteins and enzymes, and the effect of pH and temp on the structures? (ie primary, secondary, tertiary etc.) cause i can't find a good website... but if anyone wants a good website... you gotta pick thte relevant bits, but check out
http://www.patana.ac.th/secondary/science/IBtopics/Various/Pages/core.htm
it's an ib page, but has a lot of stuff that we need to know.... like, cellular respiration, muscle contractions, fats etc. basically like, 3/4 of the syllabus. i only got given it the other day. would have been helpful at the beginning though!

hope that helps...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)