anyone done GENM0804 lifestyle health and disease before? (1 Viewer)

Abtari

HSC
just wondering cos im a bit confused abt the course outcomes... and the purpose of it all thanks

wind

HSC
It's an interesting course. Some of the stuff you learn is pretty practical stuff and very intuitive. Just don't sit too close to the front though because the lecturer doesn't wear much padding in her bra...lotsa pokie action :S Not nice lol.

The finals exam was a bit weird though. All easy multiple choice questions and I'm pretty sure I only got 1-2 questions wrong but only ended up with a credit high average, which was really surprising.

The manual that you have to fill out - how you're going to improve yourself - I didn't do that bad in. So how much scaling in the finals I don't know lol.

purplemonkey

HSC
Hey, I was thinking of taking this in Sem 2 coming up...can u tell me what u do in the labs? They're pretty big - 50 ppl...do all the spots get taken up quickly? And do you have to go to both the lectures, or just one?

wind

HSC
Labs:

You'll be doing fitness tests, where the results will be used in the report you hand in. It's all about how you're going to improve yourself from current levels/results to future results (theoretically).

I think there were about 50 people in our class. It's always preferable to attend all your classes lol. She didn't have iLectures...at least not last year.

purplemonkey

HSC
The fitness tests...like the ones you do in PE at high school? Flexibility....etc?? Are you working in groups or individually....can you make up the answers? Or just use someone elses?

wind

HSC
Yup...like the ones you did in high school. That is:
sit and reach
hand-grip strength
VO2 max (walking exercise)
body-fat composition
posture

And a few other things. They're not hard and I think they only take 1 hour to do (one of the lectures will be dedicated to the fitness test and done in the labs).

These are your own results but they're done with the entire class. You could make them up but the marker could be a bit suspicious lol. The classes aren't that big. Besides, it's interesting to know where you stand.

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
yo guys. I'm planning to do this next semester too.. but doing so I'll miss every tuesday lecture cus of work commitments.

will it be be followable?

does anyone know her contact for the course? (i may email her)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)