Anyone done PQA or gotten into Oral Health at USYD? Advice for postgrad dentistry (1 Viewer)

moocow920

HSC
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has done the PQA, and if they could describe a little bit how it went? Theres not many practice questions available online...

Also, if anyone has done Oral Health or gotten into postgrad dentistry, I'd be so grateful if anyone could tell me anything about how you found the course and if it would be a good option for someone aiming to get into postgrad dent? Or other courses people might have done such as B Science of B Medical Science to prepare for postgrad dentistry.

I really want to get into postgrad dent, but I dont have the maths and chemistry assumed knowledge for med science or science (and i reallyyy dont want to go out of Sydney for an undergrad degree such as Orange), so i'm leaning towards Oral Health, but I'm worried about being prepared for GAMSAT. So yea any help would be greatly appreciated, thankyou for anything!

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad
moocow920,

I did the PQA and interview at Usyd last year and received an offer. I also applied for dent obviously at CSU and was accepted. If you want to leave sydney I would advise clinical science as a good option as a pathway into dentistry. There is a girl in my year in dent who did no sciences at high school and she is coping so don't let that deter you. There is a possibility that after doing a year of an undergraduate you could transfer into undergraduate dentistry as well (mind you 28/30 first year clinical students want to do that this year). Be mindful that if you do oral health and then apply for dent they will likely ask you academic questions regarding treatments and procedures.

As for the PQA there are 3 sections. Section 1 is like UMAT's section 3 (logical reasoning), other than that section it is very easy and no practice needs to be done. (go here and click sample questions on the left: http://www.pqa.net.au/ ) from there you will be offered an interview if you preform well enough (which is a 7 station MMI based on last year).

If you have more questions, probably best to PM me. I don't check the forums too often but I will eventually reply.

moocow920

HSC
Thanks so much, thats really helpful. Im fairly set on not leaving sydney, I'm just concerned i'll arrange my whole summer about having to be in sydney for a million different dates for oral health, then not even get to the interview stage and then ive cancelled my plans for nothing :/ ah well i'm sure i'll work something out, thankyou!

hellothere

HSC
could you please explain what the sydney uni MMI was like? what sorts of questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)