Anyone get a scholarhsip yet? (1 Viewer)

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
my friend just got a scholarship offer (she's doing bach arts/ something Uai:97.7) ...an entry one of $5000 for one year....did anyone else get an offer?.....

Last edited:

I-Jester

Intergalactic Jester
HSC
Yep - entry scholarship for Arts/Law or any other course supervised or cosupervised by the Arts Faculty.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
yay! congrats guys, nice work, i know they had heaps of applications this year, so you guys must have had impressive applications!
And to those still waiting, dont despair, i didnt get my offer till february, so there is still hope!

Lainee

HSC
This is when I should start hitting myself for not applying for anything. :rolleyes: Why do parents always have to be right...

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
thoraxy.... i dont know, it really depends on how many people accept their offer of a scholarship after uni offers go out. I guess you just have to hope that not many people accept their scholarships! Good luck though

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Congrats thaoroxy2001.

Did you make the reserve list for the undergraduate scholarship?

And also the criteria for some scholarships is general proficiency in the hsc and a few have the criteria for proficiency in mathematics. What type of marks would be considered proficient? And when they say Mathematics do they mean only 2 unit or any level of maths?

PhiL

Has anyone heard from the economics and business faculty yet. i hope not cause i havent which probly means i did nt get one. do you know if they send out rejection letters too or do you just not get any notification?

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
acmilan said:
Congrats thaoroxy2001.

Did you make the reserve list for the undergraduate scholarship?

And also the criteria for some scholarships is general proficiency in the hsc and a few have the criteria for proficiency in mathematics. What type of marks would be considered proficient? And when they say Mathematics do they mean only 2 unit or any level of maths?
thanx acmilan.....yeh I made the reserve list for the undergraduate scholarship .....when they say proficiency in mathematics it means about 90+ in 2unit (general mathematics is just not enough) but then again it depends on the course u plan to do....

theone123

blue essence
HSC
yes u get a rejection letter.

CrashOveride, the merit scholarship is for 5000 per year for upto 5 years i think

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
PhiL said:
Has anyone heard from the economics and business faculty yet. i hope not cause i havent which probly means i did nt get one. do you know if they send out rejection letters too or do you just not get any notification?
there's a pretty good chance u're being considered for a scholarship because all the faculties have already sent the rejection letters....u might be shortlisted or on the reserve list....Good luck!

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I got 99 in Mathematics and 48 in maths ext 1. Do you think that would give me a good chance of getting it?

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
sure....but did u get any letter about ur application yet?......and the scholarships aren't only based on UAi (congrats on ur UAI btw) they look at leadership, community stuff etc.....but yeh...i'm sure u still have a good chance of at least getting offered one scholarship....GOOD LUCK!

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Haha yeh i know im not going to get the ones for leadership etc thats why im hoping for the proficiency ones.

Claudia

HSC
N/A
Hypothetically...

Say you got two undergraduate scholarships. One was the co-op at UNSW, for actuarial studies. This one is 13.4k pa, with 18 months IT. The other was 10k at USYD, from the faculty of eco and business. No catch, except you need to maintain a distinciton average. Which one would you choose, and why? Take into account uni, degree, etc. For instance, USYD scholarships allow you to do a double degree, however where the adv maths/commerce degree there is more theoretical based, UNSW actuarial studies is more practical, esp with the IT. I will post this up in the UNSW forum too to get their oppinion. DONT BE BIASED!

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Id take IT simply because thats the area I want to get into anyways, the scholarship is just added bonus

Claudia

HSC
N/A
For those of you on the shortlist for scholarships from the economics and business faculty...... your in luck....a distinction scholarship may be coming ur way. GL!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)