anyone getting their paper remarked?? (1 Viewer)

VLTURBO

HSC
I think i am going to, its only $12 a paper. But can they take marks off us????

EATAPIE

BMW>>>>Mercedes (see sig)
HSC
VLTURBO said:
I think i am going to, its only $12 a paper. But can they take marks off us????
according to Laz, they can't take marks off. I was thinking of remarking english, which is $24 and chem, but can't be bothered. My marks look right anyway. sure they're crap, but it's not cause of an error on their behalf, I'm just crap.

nwatts

HSC
Ah, i'm quite certain it's not a case of re-marking, but a clerical check to see if your marks were incorrectly inputted into the system, or that they were messed around with while scaled/aligned.

From my understanding, UAIs cannot be changed now anyway.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Indeed, they do not remark the papers, it is merely a check to see if the marks were added up correctly and entered into the database accurately.

And no, marks cannot be deducted.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Only pay for it if you noticed any of your marks that you got were way off what you were expecting. The real BOS are quite reliable with their results and aligning of marks so there shouldn't be any problems.

freaked

HSC
I paid for rechecking as all my teachers were shocked at the mark I recieved for one of the courses I did as I had done excellent in all the school work and assessments. It doesn't look promising as a friend of mine who has done fairly well throughout the year got a similar mark.

Ninew

HSC
So they wouldnt change uai's at this stage?

Damn! i was thinking of asking them to calculate my uai using a different subject. You see i did 12 units and they counted my 10 top units. But i want to change one of my subjects that was counted to one that wasnt. Do you think they would do it? I am going to try, even if they dont change it as i want to see what uai i would have recieved!

Captain pi

HSC
Ninew said:
So they wouldnt change uai's at this stage?

Damn! i was thinking of asking them to calculate my uai using a different subject. You see i did 12 units and they counted my 10 top units. But i want to change one of my subjects that was counted to one that wasnt. Do you think they would do it? I am going to try, even if they dont change it as i want to see what uai i would have recieved!
UAIs cannot be recalculated.

Use SAM if you are curious.

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
Captain pi said:
UAIs cannot be recalculated.

Use SAM if you are curious.
but that is so unfaire if they gave u the wrong mark.

i'm sure if u take it to court - the court will order a recount, especially if it means that you will get in a course or not.

not saying anyone has ever actually got extra marks in this clerical bullshit.

Ninew

HSC
I used SAM and my uai was 5 marks higher! Argh! Stupid hospitality!

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Well I guess the official BOS\and UAC consider that any mark corrections to the original 10 units that counted wouldn't be high enough to change your UAI that much although for some students it could make a different even if it was by .insert number into getting into and not getting into a course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)