anyone got year 10 chem notes (1 Viewer)

keno

HSC
anyone got year 10 chem notes pls chuck ;3

Mikunnn~

HSC
anyone got year 10 chem notes pls chuck ;3
from sbhs lol. This maybe isn't the place where people still have their chem notes from year 10 - I wrote chem notes then gave up halfway and all my year 10 stuff is down the drain. But that could just be me.

My advice is (from my personal experience at SBHS last year) to write your own notes and not to use others' (especially since you're in year 10). Year 10 isn't that hard, and the Insight Science textbook is reasonably easy to write notes.

In Year 11 and 12 you might need to use other people's notes as the content can be tricky, but year 10 is very easy if you study smart.

Remember - for your upcoming chem test - you need to be above rank 144. The test is comprised of:

1. Multiple choice (20 questions- 20 marks)
  2. Short Answer (10 marks)
  3. Skills (20 marks)
In one of the above you had to write chemical equations so practice practice practice and work hard.

Yeah so what happened with me? I wrote notes for 1 section of a chapter, copied the rest from other people's notes, and screwed up the test. Don't be like me.

Last edited:

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Not sure of the relevance or if the syllabus has changed but these were my science notes for Year 10 (maybe 5 years ago):

keno

HSC
from sbhs lol. This maybe isn't the place where people still have their chem notes from year 10 - I wrote chem notes then gave up halfway and all my year 10 stuff is down the drain. But that could just be me.

My advice is (from my personal experience at SBHS last year) to write your own notes and not to use others' (especially since you're in year 10). Year 10 isn't that hard, and the Insight Science textbook is reasonably easy to write notes.

In Year 11 and 12 you might need to use other people's notes as the content can be tricky, but year 10 is very easy if you study smart.

Remember - for your upcoming chem test - you need to be above rank 144. The test is comprised of:

1. Multiple choice (20 questions- 20 marks)
  2. Short Answer (10 marks)
  3. Skills (20 marks)
In one of the above you had to write chemical equations so practice practice practice and work hard.

Yeah so what happened with me? I wrote notes for 1 section of a chapter, copied the rest from other people's notes, and screwed up the test. Don't be like me.

I was wondering, what subjects are important that will affect the subjects I can choose. Dowdell said that english mattered is that true?

Mikunnn~

HSC
I was wondering, what subjects are important that will affect the subjects I can choose. Dowdell said that english mattered is that true?
English is NOT important for the subjects you choose. By that, I don't mean you should "bludge" or treat English like a free period. But your marks in English for Year 10 will not determine the class you get in. English classes in year 11 are mixed, not streamed.

Other subjects for SBHS that have cutoffs (216 students in Year 11 - so 5-10 new enrollments):

- Maths Extension 1: 188 students, BUT in year 12 it's 164 students (24 kids get kicked out after year 11) and 120 students for 4 unit
- Physics: 144 students (6 classes of 24)
- Chemistry: 144 students (6 classes of 24)
- Bio: no cutoff
- Other subjects: don't screw up too bad in year 10

What Dowdell did say is if you muck around too much in year, get SAD letters, too many detensions, truant too often, don't collect your report...you'll have the lowest priority for your subject choices.

Mikunnn~

HSC
Not sure of the relevance or if the syllabus has changed but these were my science notes for Year 10 (maybe 5 years ago):
And this is still the same content that I did last year, yes. There are overlaps with some year 11 content, but that's how year 10 works...I guess.

DanielTheMan

HSC
And this is still the same content that I did last year, yes. There are overlaps with some year 11 content, but that's how year 10 works...I guess.
how long do u rekcon it'll take to make science notes

ultra908

HSC
English is NOT important for the subjects you choose. By that, I don't mean you should "bludge" or treat English like a free period. But your marks in English for Year 10 will not determine the class you get in. English classes in year 11 are mixed, not streamed.

Other subjects for SBHS that have cutoffs (216 students in Year 11 - so 5-10 new enrollments):

- Maths Extension 1: 188 students, BUT in year 12 it's 164 students (24 kids get kicked out after year 11) and 120 students for 4 unit
- Physics: 144 students (6 classes of 24)
- Chemistry: 144 students (6 classes of 24)
- Bio: no cutoff
- Other subjects: don't screw up too bad in year 10

What Dowdell did say is if you muck around too much in year, get SAD letters, too many detensions, truant too often, don't collect your report...you'll have the lowest priority for your subject choices.
Is this a common thing in schools?
At my school, each person gets equal opportunity to submit preferences and a computer timetables it so as many people get as many of their preferences as possible. There are no arbitrary cutoffs or anything, or changes based on your behaviour, etc.

Mikunnn~

HSC
Is this a common thing in schools?
At my school, each person gets equal opportunity to submit preferences and a computer timetables it so as many people get as many of their preferences as possible. There are no arbitrary cutoffs or anything, or changes based on your behaviour, etc.
No it's probably just sbhs haha. Selective schools gotta do what they gotta do

Wizjaro

HSC
Yea I think it’s just sbhs. I go to a decent selective school and there isnt a cut off for any subject, and it’s equal priority.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Bruh, my school must be shit since I am learning only like a 1/4 of this..
We didn't cover most of it tbh haha. I just really liked science and wanted to do well in it. I actually made those set of notes with like 2 other friends (we worked together to make notes for all our year 10 subjects)

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
You didn't finish it?! But yea these notes are damn detailed.. I am a bit jealous haha
Like we covered it but pretty fast so left up to the student to study basically

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)