anyone here (1 Viewer)

DEE

Well i'm here too well soughta a lil you all doing HSC in 2003 to i think its crazy

:evilfire: :axedeath: :evilwhip: :shouting: :jedi: :graduate:

were all gonna leave this place in tenth months time and yr 12 will be away and finished with trust me and maths aint all that hard well i don;t find it hard anyway GOODLUCK and if i can help give me a mail

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
wow... the general maths thread has a raging nightlife! :disco:

tho i spose theres not much to talk about yet! everyone just doing same old stuff?

jessika

law chicky
HSC
well Im here, and I spose I might have to check out the maths threads a bit more, and get help with my uni maths.

malayz_angel

Yeah, I'm here too. Anyone worried about maths? I just dropped from Advanced to General so yeah.... I hope I do better here!

"If nobody's perfect then I want to be nobody."

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
yeah i did the same thing, about a term into year 11... it was weird, dont u think... i found it hard to adjust to the work! but yeah, im not particularly worried about now... i reckon it'll be my highest scoring subject (not taking scaling into account)... i got 98.75% for my first assessment so im off to a good start :)

right now we are doing statistics, which i find SO boring... how many years have been doing them for now?? if i have to look at one more stem-and-leaf-plot... :chainsaw:

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
To those who dropped from Advanced-you probably have made the right choice! I dropped from 2 unit when I was in year 11, (after I got something like 56% in the 2 unit half yearly...:() and it made things SO much easier. I ended up with a band 6 in the HSC even though my study only consisted of going through half the textbook the night before the HSC.:p
I was worried it would scale really badly and screw up my UAI, but I don't think it did...if you get a high enough mark (band 6 or a high band 5), then I don't think it makes a difference. And if you were originally doing 2 unit-then that is probably well within your reach.

margieb

maths

hey how u all going?

its come to the conclusion of my maths class that our teacher is pathetic! i know..it prob sounds really harsh etc, but she really has know idea of what shes talking about. shes a science teacher, not a maths teacher and i cant believe that our school put her in charge of a yr 12 class!! we have tried going to other teachers, principal etc, but to no avail. we r basically teaching ourselves the HSC course. i'm just wondering whether it is a good idea to get a tutor, or one of those excel books to "substitute" for my teacher. what should i do?? any suggestions? :confused:

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
i know this is prob a really stupid question, but have you tried talking to your teacher? sat her down for a little woman2woman chat (replace 'woman' with 'man' if nessicary) and just discussed how you don't think the class is learning effectively, and talk about why (without blaming her directly... teachers hate being blamed)

if all else fails, simply rally together as a class and either:
a) strike (power to the people)
b) start setting fire to things
or
c) continually throw things at her and insult her hairy armpits and her weight, hence causing her to have a nervous breakdown... she gets a nice warm straightjacket for these cold winter months, and you get a new teacher!

snakeoils: the sensitive, new age problem solver.

margieb

ohh geez u made me laugh :D .....and yes, we tried to have a face to face talk about the uh.."problems" but she insisted on telling us about her ex-students from alice springs (where she teached before coming here). shes a very sweet lady but she really has no idea, and the head teacher wont let us change classes so i dont have much choice to i. oh and i dont think setting fire to things will help my situation..:rolleyes: but thanx anyway....lol

wednesday

hey im here too!
i also just dropped from advanced to general, i was getting 45% and stuff in advanced, i coulda got better but i wanted to apply myself in other areas i guess and now im like 90 + % so im cheerin

i was in the top 17 at the end of 10 ten in advanced and i anticipated that advanced in 11/12 would be a waste of time and effort when i didn't need it for my course- anyways i slacked off a bit in yr 11 and 12 doing general cause the people didn't motivate me. I suppose i was fairly happy with a band 5 result.

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by snakeoils

b) start setting fire to things
or
c) continually throw things at her and insult her hairy armpits and her weight, hence causing her to have a nervous breakdown... she gets a nice warm straightjacket for these cold winter months, and you get a new teacher!

snakeoils: the sensitive, new age problem solver.

I like b, Ill vote for b.

~*MIZREX*~

yeh i also dropped to general after doing advanced in yr 11, i got 52% in the prelims that was pretty shocking general is so much better

malayz_angel

Originally posted by snakeoils
yeah i did the same thing, about a term into year 11... it was weird, dont u think... i found it hard to adjust to the work! but yeah, im not particularly worried about now... i reckon it'll be my highest scoring subject (not taking scaling into account)... i got 98.75% for my first assessment so im off to a good start :)

right now we are doing statistics, which i find SO boring... how many years have been doing them for now?? if i have to look at one more stem-and-leaf-plot... :chainsaw:
Hehe Snakeoils, u weren't kidding, I seem to run into u everywhere! Don't even mention statistics-- I saw those first in Year Seven/Eight so I've had a long and unhappy history with them too! Although let's admit it, it's heaps easy to score well there.

wednesday

wow this topic kinda died down a bit

so when are everyone's maths half yearlies?

mine's the 31st of march

sooooooo soon :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)