Anyone interested in Postmodern literature: Vonnegut, Barthelme, Calvino, Wallace? (1 Viewer)

resourceater

HSC
I was writing my navglob creative in what i considered a post-modern style and it recently got slammed by someone I respect (not a teacher or a tutor). I was wondering if there was anyone here familiar with the conventions of post modernist works in general, not necessarily related to navglob, who could tell me if it was really as bad as that person made out?

Obviously, its very ambitious for a high school student to be writing in that way but yeah, at least i tried.

I'll post a bit of it if i get a reply.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Re: Anyone interested in Postmodern literature: Vonnegut, Barthelme, Calvino, Wallace

post it, or pm me. I've done some stuff in postmodern literature at uni

jacoblukis

HSC
N/A
Re: Anyone interested in Postmodern literature: Vonnegut, Barthelme, Calvino, Wallace

yes I'm very interested of in Postmodern literature. Postmodernism, closely resembles modernism, they both contain aspects that emphasize reflexivity and self-consciousness, fragmentation and discontinuity, ambiguity, simultaneity, and favoring the destructured subject. I am very interested for research in world literature essays on postmodern style. In postmodern literature, however, this crisis is avoided because there is no lamentation of fragmentation, provisionality, or incohorence, but rather its celebration.

resourceater

HSC

hmm.. i see... thanks for that thesis summary. anyway, i've grown shy about my work. thanks for your replies nonetheless/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)