anyone use real people in lear conversation?? (1 Viewer)

jemjem

did anyone out there use the names of actual producers or directors or anything in their lear conversation? anyone??

Coles Punk

Ummm yeah but only in dicussing techniques they used in their different productions, or what interpretation of king lear they had

quarm

yep....i used two real directors, Peter Brook and Tanya Denny

are we meant 2 or is it meant 2b imaginary ppl?

evie

Well my conversation was between 2 people :

One went by a post modernist critical interpretation so he said he watched the Peter Brook film version.
The other person went by a AC Bradley interpretation being that he thought his madness was a part of the divine order of things. He watched the romantisized Tate version.

peter_g43

No, what I did was have two imaginary people having a discussion that developed into an argument on how each though the values of Lear should be presented in a contempoary or traditional light to best explain them.

The polarised views of the characters I deveopled helped establish a wide dscussion of the play. Initially the question threw me but I began to like it as I wrote more.

Coles Punk

since i missed all the class work on king lear i was pretty screwed anyway, but at least i wrote some stuff, even if it is 4 pages of drivel, i'll still get some marks for it.

Shanjuan

I used Tanya Denny and then I created a director who had the idea of a traditional perspective of Lear. They were basically discussing what Denny had done and how the other director would present the play.

philbert_frog

I used Ian Holm, who plays Lear in the 1998 BBC production (the one with the red walls) :)), and Johnathan Miller who directed the 1988 production (the one that attempted to recreate an elizabethan production)

Personally I loved that question, because it allowed us to talk about pretty much everything

readings
productions
context
reception over time (which was in the rubric, but not in the question - which was a bit annoying, but at least i found it!)

alys

two directors: grigori kozinstev (communist reading - russia, 70s) and richard eyre (bbc family reading). i liked this question. conversations are kind of fun.

jessika

law chicky
HSC
I used Grigori Kozinstev and Tanya Denny.
I was going to use Peter Brooks, but I decided I wanted a male and a female, not just two guys.

Milly

What did they mean in the question when they said you had to discuss the structure of the play?

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by Milly
What did they mean in the question when they said you had to discuss the structure of the play?
yes exaclty, anyone got any ideas?

smithy

My dudes were called bill and joe, but they compared Peter Brook's film version with the common elizabethan reading- it kinda turned out ok.

Eeeek

lol....i used Danny and Tate and they had a heated discussion about whether the play should remain a tragedy or be a romance.....Danny also had a bit of a go at Tate for being a guy, as she explained her feminist slant to the production!!!! I had a lot of fun with this question, although i only left myself 20 mins to do it, it was pretty rushed:p

_sock_

stupid lear

I used an imaginery cut theatre director called audrey azure and i also used signmund frued. i talked about the different readings: mainly the freudian and the the feminist reading, and used different scenes throught the whole thing. i also talked about different symbols, eg. lear going mad. i think i'm screwed. but english is finished forever!!!

orcaswizard

I had my conversation between Tate and Heilman and I nearly cried because only one other person at my school did it that way, everyone else used imaginary people...........please take pity on me!!!!!!!

ben

i used tanya denny (bondi) and megan finlay (CUT - unsw).

My conversation was soo vague and general though, plus VERY short. :(

Confuzzled?!

HSC
arghh..
i used to imaginary people...

i sorta based it on kosky n hynter's aspects of Lear.

god....
that was horrible!
6 pages of bshitting n racking my brain for drama crap! LOL.

yea..i didn't get the structure thing....argh!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)