Anyone working on the upcoming public holidays? (1 Viewer)

spence

HSC
awesome just calculated for the next 2 weeks i'll be making over $1700 before tax

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
working boxing day, and new years eve/new years day (all 6am-4pm day shifts)
but the NYD shift will be my last ever there, which i suppose is a pretty great consolation

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
spence said:
awesome just calculated for the next 2 weeks i'll be making over $1700 before tax
where do you work?

and how?

if I work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week + a 6 hr shift on Sat, THEN i'd get $1700 before tax! but that's deadly.

spence

HSC
sf_diegoxrock said:
where do you work?

and how?

if I work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week + a 6 hr shift on Sat, THEN i'd get $1700 before tax! but that's deadly.
I work at maccas. My public holiday rate is 38.95

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
spence said:
I work at maccas. My public holiday rate is 38.95
oh really?

I was so close to applying for a overnight shift @ a 24hr maccas store. However, the pay was only 18/19 - for staying up 12am - 7am :\

so how many hours would you work for 1700+ in 2weeks?

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
katietheskatie said:
i'm working christmas eve, christmas day, boxing day, new years eve and new years day. in conclusion, shut the fuck up.
Ouch!

spence

HSC
sf_diegoxrock said:
oh really?

I was so close to applying for a overnight shift @ a 24hr maccas store. However, the pay was only 18/19 - for staying up 12am - 7am :\

so how many hours would you work for 1700+ in 2weeks?
Working 73.5 hours altogether
20.5 at double time and a half
15 at time and a half

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
spence said:
15 at time and a half
ouch 73.5hrs, you deserve that 1,700+ !

do your parents care that you're working so many hours?

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
spence said:
15 at time and a half
wait

you get $10/hr - normal pay?

I thought you were 18?

swingsarekool

HSC
i'm working new years day. hope everyone will be at the beach drunk or something haha..

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
ambermorn said:
I just found out that I'm working on new years day, ughhhh. Wtf is a clothes shop doing open on new years day, honestly. Is anyone else working on a public holiday?

EDIT: Also working Christmas eve, NYE, hell pretty much every day!

You get paid for it. There's people out there, that want to work because they need the money, but don't have the opportunity to do so, as they haven't got a job as of yet. What so you lose a couple of hours of your life, big deal?

Suck it up or go fucking quit.

mitch179

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
You get paid for it. There's people out there, that want to work because they need the money, but don't have the opportunity to do so, as they haven't got a job as of yet. What so you lose a couple of hours of your life, big deal?

Well said!

I mean, granted, there are times when I do complain about work, but it's only when I get a shit load of hours in 1 week, which isn't all that often. But when I think about it a second time, I realise that it's not a bad thing because it is money and as you said, there are other people out there who would like to work for that money but can't because they don't have a job.

I am thinking myself very lucky to be able to work both public holidays and earn some good money.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
hopeles5ly said:

I was only asking other forumers a simple question. I am appreciative of the shifts I am getting, but seeing as I'm currently working 7 days a week except for Christmas I was looking forward to some time off. Take your bitchy attitude elsewhere or STFU.

rozymisty

HSC
Im working Christmas eve, christmas day and then a few days off. As a new graduate i was told that we expect to do the xmas shift which is fine by me. I would have prefered to work new years rather than xmas but oh well.

As usual i will be just cleaning up poo and wee and shit like that...oh how i sometimes love nursing lol. Apparently work provides us with a big lunch. Oh and one of the doctors has kindly decided to do a few major bowel operations on xmas eve....what fun for us and especially the patients... But the good thing about that is that we wont get as many medical patients!! Woo lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)