Applying for on-campus accomodation (1 Viewer)

Danoz The Great

HSC
I'm in the process of applying for on-campus accomodation at SCU - both at Coffs and Lismore.

But there are some questions that you have to write a few lines on, and I'm a little lost of what to say, such as:

"Please describe why you would like to become a member of the on-campus community."
So far I've taked about:
- how I'm a very social person and I love being around people and meeting new people
- how I feel it would benefit my marks (being close to resources and other students)
- how I think it'd benefit me, since I live away from the area (2 hrs from Coffs, about 5 hrs from Lismore)

But what else do you think could I say? It just doesn't seem to cut it.

"List noteworthy extra curricular activities or leadership roles undertaken."
- I babysit a lot, since I've applied for Primary Education I thought it was 'noteworthy'.
- I was a judo instructor to children from ages of about 7-14, also thought it was 'noteworthy' for the course I've applied for.
- I've done heaps of cultural stuff that was extra curricular, and a lot for charity too, but is it really necessary to write this?

Could come people help me out with this? Thankyou.

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
as a member of the on-campus community:

if they are anything like UNE, they will want someone who is willing to be involved - does SCU have sports/cultural competitions? do they participate in charity events like clean up australia day or red shield appeal..? target the things that the uni seems to be into

as for noteworthy activities:

definately put charity stuff on there, and if the uni is at all culturally inclined then put cultural stuff on there too..
were u a captain/prefect anything like that at school?

Danoz The Great

HSC
I haven't been a captain or anything like that before ever.

But thanks for your help. I'll rattle on some things like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)