Arab-Israeli.... (1 Viewer)

Eid

Hi,
Does anyone have any info on Palestinian refugees and/or Jewish settlers between the period of 1948-96 plzzz?
I think these are the only groups which are really hard to tackle with summaries because information is so scarce on them. Thanks for any help (in advance)... :)

jenster

shouldn't be too hard to find. refugees and settlers are quite an importnant part of the conflict...

books have heaps of info on refugees. seriously there are zillions of good books. look in study guides aswell like excel and get smart. i'd give you notes but i'm so extrodinarily lazy that i haven't even thought about starting them. that'll be something i'll do the day before the exam! anyway good luck

Eid

hehe..

I checked through alot of books, but the worst is the Jewish settlers really because all information is scattered....
I looked in heaps of those study guides but they barely give any in - depth info ... so its sorta a bit gay :(

Thanks alot, and good luck to you to :)

jenster

so who else is doing Arab-Israeli?

do you like it?
i love it. i mean i don't like that it happened/is happening but if nothing else it sure makes it easier to understand the articles in the newspaper!

Eid

Yeah I love it also.... the story behind it is just so interesting.
and yeah you do begin to understand more of the things that occur on newspapers/news etc..
hehe

Basil84

aaah

i don't get how you can like this topic! It is so annoying. Germany was so much better than this!

Voss

Problem with Arab-Israeli is that it's too easy to take sides, and everything you read is biased, which gets irritating.
Germany's been written about more, and the specifics are interesting, rather than trivial.

spice girl

magic mirror
Originally posted by jenster
so who else is doing Arab-Israeli?

do you like it?
i love it. i mean i don't like that it happened/is happening but if nothing else it sure makes it easier to understand the articles in the newspaper!

I can see that you history people delight in the thought of suffering people...

fluke

i disagree Voss - the need to sift through all the evidence, biassed or not, and arrive at your own interpretation is what makes history enjoyable. To remove that and replace it with a topic which has been done over and over again is, well, insane. Arab-israeli is a great topic, and u obviously have not looked too hard if u call its contents 'trivial'.

Voss

The problem is that it's hard to remove your own bias, and although this also happens for germany, the entire Arab-Israeli issue pressures you to take a side. By trivial i mean that the facts revolve around a specific issue. That's ok, but i can't see an end to the conflict any time soon (not with bush around anyway), so a knowledge of the facts seems a little irrelevant.
I disagree that germany it's a bad thing that germany has been done over and over, because although it's a lot of reading it's almost always not done very well, meaning you can make your own opinions about stuff from a varitey of sources.
I'm not saying that Arab-Israeli is a bad topic, but i prefer germany.

fluke

no worries. i just wanna say that i love taking sides. well in this topic anyway. how historically good (hehehe) of me. i am neither jewish nor arab nor muslim, etc, but from what i have read my take is that the Jews could not possibly be in the right at all.

i say this on purpose to provoke a discussion about everyone elses views, and i realise that making such a blanket statement isnt really a good thing to do in a topic so f&^$king complicated as this one.

I am right though.;)

Voss

I agree, for similar motivations, and would like to add that Sharon, Bush and other warmongers, including the general US public, are pretty clueless... >:)

jenster

i don't think the palestineans will become stronger. i mean who else looks as though they would be as widely accepted as a leader as arafat is? a hamas member? that definitely won't help the situation

Eid

Seriously, I really think they will.
Like after studying this topic, everytime Palestine rebuild themselves economically etc, they seem to drop once again because of Arafat's decisions...
hehehehe, its only my opinion though :)

Ozz^E

I dun see how anyone can logically say that the jewish side of the story is the correct one...morally, or in any other way. They say 'look wat their doin to us...they blow themselves up and kill our civilians'. Now, no one can say that the mruder of civilains is right..ITS WRONG...100%...but we have to look at reasons if we are to solve the prob. Like look at it this way: Are the jewish ppl or thier governement giving any reason for these palestinian youth to live????

Are they eductaed....NO
Do they have any freedom of choice....NO
Are they treated as human biengs...NO

So the question arises : When they see there relatives bieng killed by isreali troops and their sisters/mothers being abused and then when no one cares to listen to their view....WHY would they want to live??? They've being under siege since they were born..their whole lives and the lives of the parents and for some grandparents, have been spent in refugee camps without any consideration by their governors as to the maintainece of ANY basic human rights.

SO if ur going to oppress a nation for sooo long and them when the oppressed start acting crazy, i dun think u have the right to shout "FOUL"....u created the problem and left them with no basic alternative.

Eid

I agree with you ozz^E.

As I find out more and more information about the Arab - Israeli conflict, it just makes me more bias to the situation. I try my best to be neutral and look at both sides, but when I look at both sides, that forces me to be bias to the real situation.
We can look at the conflict in this perspective: You own a house, then a bunch of people just trespass onto your land and take over it without any consideration of who the actual 'owners' are. Then when the actual owners try to rebel, they are seen as the bad guys who created the conflict and should be expelled.

It's so hard to be neutral in this type of study because as you learn more about the conflict, you understand more about the truth, and this what leads you to be bias....

fluke

here here.

extremely well put.

is there anyone out there that has a differing opinion? i'd genuinely like to hear your interpretation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)