Are the ATARS for UAC and VTAC different? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Like basically is the atar you get from each one different? Because they're different institutions from different states so do you get compared with that state?

parallaxd12

HSC
I'm pretty sure the ATAR's from Vic and NSW are directly comparable so yeah they are the same basically.

JaxsenW

HSC
From my experience, VCE ATAR is normally more generous than HSC. E.g. most give me 97-98 in NSW, but VCE ones give me 99.5 ish (with the comparable subjects and marks)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

HSC
From my experience, VCE ATAR is normally more generous than HSC. E.g. most give me 97-98 in NSW, but VCE ones give me 99.5 ish (with the comparable subjects and marks)

so if i apply to uni's from both uac and vtac i'll get different atars from both?

JaxsenW

HSC
so if i apply to uni's from both uac and vtac i'll get different atars from both?
From what I know, you will only get the one ATAR (as you are only doing either the HSC or VCE), but they will convert your ATAR from whichever state when you apply through uac and vtac.
So like say you do HSC and you get a 95 ATAR, you will put your NSW ATAR into uac and vtac, but in vtac they will convert that to say a 96.5 or whatever, if that makes sense?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)