are these subjects okay? (1 Viewer)

jkjkjk

HSC
aiming for a 99+ atar with these. any comments, suggestions or opinions?
  • eng adv
  • math adv
  • chem
  • bio
  • eco
  • business
dk if I should do modern (probs wont) but currently have those 6 in mind.

studiesofboard

HSC
These 3 are high scaling:
  • English advanced
  • Math advanced
  • Chemistry
I don't really know about:
  • Biology
  • Economics
  • Business studies - I do this subject but idk. I think it is okay in terms of scaling.
I do Modern but BE AWARE!!!! it is a heavy content subject (requires a lot of essays and memorizing but it is a high scaling subject).

Also, dw too much about scaling as long as you enjoy the subject and believe you can perform really well go for it. :)

jkjkjk

HSC
These 3 are high scaling:
  • English advanced
  • Math advanced
  • Chemistry
I don't really know about:
  • Biology
  • Economics
  • Business studies - I do this subject but idk. I think it is okay in terms of scaling.
I do Modern but BE AWARE!!!! it is a heavy content subject (requires a lot of essays and memorizing but it is a high scaling subject).

Also, dw too much about scaling as long as you enjoy the subject and believe you can perform really well go for it. :)
haha thank you for the info! Also, LOVING the colour coding 😍😍

Velocifire

HSC
1) According to this , you have selected subjects that still allow you to achieve the maximum subjects possible:

2) You can disregard this kinda, but mostly it’s your effort like i.e @quickoats did some of the lower scaling subjects like SaC and Standard English, managed to get 99, which just happens to be dead centre of your Target ATAR as well. Personally I didn’t use this when choosing my subjects but it just shows u how you will be affected if you do poorly/great in said subject. All ur subjects scale decently so there isn’t much of a problem with ur scaling!!!

Also it tells u the percentage of all students taking a certain subject their subject band... ie the Median Band for Mx1 is a E3 with a Median HSC Mark of 43/50

3) You seem capable, thinking this through early so yes I do think you have the skill to get a 99+ ATAR considering ur background (selective school) from ur other thread from where you said how teachers were preventing u from choosing a particular subject.

4) It’s also interest
Personally I can speak for Math, English and ur Sciences

Bio is absolutely... boring which brings me on a decline with results as for me it would probably be a drop subject.
Chem is the REAL SCIENCE... too good and so interesting, they do say alike bio it gets better in year 12 but unlike Bio, Chem is interesting in year 11!!!

English can SMD, shouldn’t even be compulsory fml but yes I did like good in the half yearly with like a 17/20 which seems to bring me to like it (u should see) my thread where I was panicking after failing lols!!!

The advanced course for Math should be easy for you, since I presume many of you in ur school would be taking x1 on not just math, but English. Why don’t u try x1? But anyway Advanced is pretty easy with the right amount of study.

P.S, do not listen to a user named @Hscbuzman, he is gone for now but I do sense his presence contaminating the BoredOfStudies of studies community.

His famous quote? “DO GOOD SCALING SUBJECTS FOR GOOD ATAR, STUDY FOR 36 HOURS IN ONE DAY!!! THANK YOU!!!”

If u listen to him... that’s like accepting Scott Morrison is a Good Prime Minister

Last edited:

studiesofboard

HSC
1) According to this , you have selected subjects that still allow you to achieve the maximum subjects possible:

2) You can disregard this kinda, but mostly it’s your effort like i.e @quickoats did some of the lower scaling subjects like SaC and Standard English, managed to get 99, which just happens to be dead centre of your Target ATAR as well. Personally I didn’t use this when choosing my subjects but it just shows u how you will be affected if you do poorly/great in said subject. All ur subjects scale decently so there isn’t much of a problem with ur scaling!!!

Also it tells u the percentage of all students taking a certain subject their subject band... ie the Median Band for Mx1 is a E3 with a Median HSC Mark of 43/50

3) You seem capable, thinking this through early so yes I do think you have the skill to get a 99+ ATAR considering ur background (selective school) from ur other thread from where you said how teachers were preventing u from choosing a particular subject.

P.S, do not listen to a user named @Hscbuzman, he is gone for now but I do sense his presence contaminating the BoredOfStudies of studies community.

His famous quote? “DO GOOD SCALING SUBJECTS FOR GOOD ATAR, STUDY FOR 36 HOURS IN ONE DAY!!! THANK YOU!!!”

If u listen to him... that’s like accepting Scott Morrison is a Good Prime Minister
This quote is "RUBBISH" (no offense to anyone) :)

Firstly, it is not the subject you choose it is the effort you put in and there is no such thing as a "good scaling subject"
Secondly, study in moderation. Realistically no one is going to study "36 hours in one day"

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
How is your mathematics skills? Might be good to do idea to do three-unit mathematics if you are good at mathematics.

What do you want to do after school?

jkjkjk

HSC
so I've kinda tweaked my plans a little bit:
English Advanced
English Extension 1
Maths Advanced
Biology
Chemistry
Studies of Religion

Need one more subject. Stuck between:
Business, PDH, Economics

Thoughts?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
so I've kinda tweaked my plans a little bit:
English Advanced
English Extension 1
Maths Advanced
Biology
Chemistry
Studies of Religion

Need one more subject. Stuck between:
Business, PDH, Economics

Thoughts?
How does your school perform in each of the respective subjects? If you don't mind the choices, then I'd go with what subjects the school typically does better in.

jkjkjk

HSC
How does your school perform in each of the respective subjects? If you don't mind the choices, then I'd go with what subjects the school typically does better in.
yeah I considered that and had a look at hscninja but my school excels in all of them every year so im not too sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)