Are we behind? (1 Viewer)

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I was wondering if anyone else has not finished the general maths course. We have one chapter left...linear modelling.

My tutor told me on friday that we should be well and truely finished...

Does anyone else have any chapters left?

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
we dont do linear modelling till after our trials... so your not really behind.

malkin86

HSC
Don't worry, my class is about the same place.. although when our teacher goes away to the SNOW, goodness knows. :p

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
umm ur not meant to be finished with any course or else you would spend 5-6 weeks after trials doing nothing
we still have 2 more topics left to do after trials.. depreciation and something else.. if theres any of those questions in the trials the teachers just change them

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
teachers like to be finished everything before the trials... That way you dont have to get stressed about learning new stuff before the HSC. Instead of spending time learning, you have 5-6 weeks of revision. A few of my subjects are finished for that reason.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
ah, ok thanks Wilmo....

The only subject we have finished everything on is English at our school..

mishka

HSC
N/A
i don't do general but i know that my school always finishes after the trials. it just depends on your class - my class finished the 3u course about 2 weeks ago, there's only 6 of us, so we worked pretty hard.
you want to have a bit of time for revision, so i think you're about at the right place. ;)

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
nopes doubt it
im doing modelling relationships, something like that :)

K__8

Yes you should be finished everything before trials because the trial is exactly what it sounds....a trial hsc paper. Although my class has still 3 chapters to go and trials next week...they arent going to include everything in it. They cant ask you questions on things they never got around to teaching you!! Goodluck! xxx

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
actually financial modelling is out last topic.
seeing that our trials are in wk 6 and 7 i think we will be finished.

kylie_robbo

We would have finished the course yesterday... but I wasn't in class, so I have one section left to do... it is easy stuff - longitude and latitude...

Trials start Thurs 12th Aug, and finish Wed 18th Aug.

paddy@2011

HSC
N/A
K__8 said:
Yes you should be finished everything before trials because the trial is exactly what it sounds....a trial hsc paper. Although my class has still 3 chapters to go and trials next week...they arent going to include everything in it. They cant ask you questions on things they never got around to teaching you!! Goodluck! xxx
that is bull shit about courses being finished by the trials. pardonne-moi le francais.

teachers don't have to be finished by then. trials are designed to give you practice with formal examinations with the correct exam time lengths etc...

you should be finished by the end of term three though : )

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
paddy@2011 said:
that is bull shit about courses being finished by the trials. pardonne-moi le francais.

teachers don't have to be finished by then. trials are designed to give you practice with formal examinations with the correct exam time lengths etc...

you should be finished by the end of term three though : )
Thats true.

In the CSSA trials there was one questions where we hadn't even been taught so our tecaher just gave everyone in the class those marks for that section, it was only about 5-7 marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)