art express (1 Viewer)

helzi

hey peoples. i thought the exhibitions were fantastic this year and the standards have de4finitely lifted.

im a bit surprised cos the letters mentioned that everyone who made it into art express can go to agnsw opening on thursday. anyone know whats going on.

BTW. mi artworks the capsicum one in agnsw. i was standing there and heard someone soooo badly bag out mi work. how hurtful! *tear drop* oh wells

s_kisses

HSC
i dont know whats going on..i heard its just the agnsw people going tomorrow night..so confused

i liked your work! it was one of my favourites, very different idea. mine is next to yours, the water one 'blue abyss' lol

helzi

oh mi god oh mi god oh mi god!

I LOVED YOUR WORK!

lol i secretly went doh! why did they have to put such a nice work next to mine - kidding.

nah its heaps cool. i even have pictures of people looking at your work.

well done. see you tommorow!

tro

i was on holiday and didn't get to RSVP in time....im gonna ring up tomorrow and see if i can go...considering my artwork is there ill be pretty peeved if they don't let me in :S

helzi

lol theyll let you. i only called yesterday since ive been working. its sall good.
see you guys tonight

lexy-kate

helzi i loved your work!! i thought it was amazing.. its works like yours that really freak out current yr 12's!

stareathesun

i'm a chick i'm a chick i'm a chick i'm a chick i'
Originally posted by helzi
hBTW. mi artworks the capsicum one in agnsw. i was standing there and heard someone soooo badly bag out mi work. how hurtful! *tear drop* oh wells

I didnt get your work, well I knew what you were expressing, but it seemed like there was something I wasn't getting.
- My friends didn't like it at all.

Originally posted by s_kisses
mine is next to yours, the water one 'blue abyss' lol
What was the concept behind your work, and how long did it take you to do it.

Did you know the people that had to talk for all the yr 12ers?

Last edited:

cafrin

helzi and s_kisses i have seen both yer works and im SO JEALOUS and its making me SO SCARED dammit!!
im doing year 12 this year and as exciting as it all is, i cannot see me ever finishing my b.o.w (seeing as i havent started the main thing, only experimenting still!!) congrats on getting into art express!!

s_kisses

HSC
concept behind my work....read the citation. take a longer look at it and maybe you'll figure it out. It took me much longer than you'd expect, i did 6 panels and 3 layers of the blue/white/black on each. i started my final idea in about may.
and nope i didnt know the people that had to talk for all the yr12s

cafrin-keep exploring/experimenting with your concept and it'll all work out :)

helzi

lol i dont mean to be rude but those that dont like it dont understand my work at all.
i have a self explanatory meaning - the sexual concepts and stuff
but there are heaps more meanings involved - thats why it took me god damn so long to do.

i guess as an artist i wouldnt wanna restrict mi audience by telling them what i wanted them to know.

if people dont like it then i dont realli care. I like it and for me thats all that matters cos im pretty proud of where i come.

the meaning is realli complex - so yeh.

thanks to everyone whos supporting me - its realli cool.

* i got mi artwork printed at various places.

the main enlargements - poster size is at west colour in guireween. call a guy name gary palmer.

i dont noe what the number is now but ill find out for u

hotcocoababe

Sexiest BoS Member
I'm up there.... somewhere... gently floating abou
HSC
Originally posted by jarding432
I think there was some good stuff this year, but there was also some crap... last year was better, and the year before that was the best.
you are so right..... no body else agrees with me on that! definately the best art express i saw was in 02.... but one of my teacher's theory for that, is back then we were more naive? she reckons that now we have learnt to be more critical of other peoples artworks.... hmm possibly. but i still agree with you jarding432! some of this years' stuff was crap i swear... but i wont specify just in case i put my foot in it..... you neva know who is readin these forums (ie. the great aunt's neice's husband's ex-wife's best friend's son, who is the friend of a friend of the brother of the guy who painted *fill in the artwork here* LOL)

and besides, im notorious for puttin my foot in it.... so in this instance, i'll keep my mouth shut ; )

Skryp

.The Master.
HSC
I only went to the one at the Art Gallery...some chick from Kirawee high had the best body of work i've seen...all of her grandpa...really nuts...another one by some kid from St.Andrews was nice too...charcoal drawings were quite crazy..there were like 2 works there though that made me think ??? How on Earth did they make it...?....Anyway, pretty cool exhibitio I thought on the whole...congrats to those that made it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)