Arts at Sydney (1 Viewer)

huck fenn

Hey

I've heard that the Arts course at sydney Uni is "behind the times" - hasn';t kept up with changes in thinking and ways of teaching...

Views?

Generator

HSC
N/A
I don't know. It would depend on the subject and the lecturer, which goes for all university units.

huck fenn

I am definitly going to do philosophy. Very likely history, english of some sort (provided its different to HS english), maybe film studies. I would like to do a creative subject as well... but to the best of my knowledge there isn't a creative writing unit at sydney.

I am actually thinking about combining with science. I've heard science is good at sydney...

Generator

HSC
N/A
Yes, yes it is. You have the option of taking a bsc,ba or a ba,bsc, with the only differences being in the faculty that administers the degree and the uai cutoff.

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
Arts at Sydney Uni has generally had the best rep over recent decades-- it's actually recommended to do arts at Sydney rather than other uni's such as UNSW.

UTS has the best arts / communications combo's, though, if you were considering that as an option.

//
I'm looking at doing Arts at Sydney next year -- it had better be worth it, in light of the 30% raise in fees. debt. much debt.

Fi

Arts at Usyd rocks.........i was told that it's the best place to do it.:D :D so much subjects to choose from!!

Generator

HSC
N/A
A number of them are being dropped due to funding cuts...

Kakie

can someone tell me about the BA (Languages)
i wanna do it next year, what if my uai isnt high enuf?? whats another way to get in???
HELP ME!!!

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
Originally posted by huck fenn
Hey

I've heard that the Arts course at sydney Uni is "behind the times" - hasn';t kept up with changes in thinking and ways of teaching...

Views?
i have a friend doing arts (advanced) at usyd, and is thinking about transferring to unsw. according to her, usyd is "more academically rigorous" while unsw is more progressive. i'm not too sure personally though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)