Ask the Staff (1 Viewer)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Basically the idea for this thread is to ask questions to staff at stores you visit either about the products they sell, their rules, procedures and just general questions. Then staff of that store or people who know about it answer.

Subway: Just generally do many people have "the works" in regards to salads etc? I'm certainly not a fussy eater so I always get the works as it just doesn't bother me and is much easier for them and me. Most people I have noticed will say just lettuce, cucumber etc.

JB HI: Obviously you know how much you sell things for and what you can give away along with it to sweeten the deal. I think I already know the answer but do you earn a commission on sales? Does the blackberry or whatever it is when you say i'll "run the prices up or work them out" tell you all that info, like the minimum you can sell it for, what you can offer etc?

*Baby-K*

HSC
pritnep said:
JB HI: Obviously you know how much you sell things for and what you can give away along with it to sweeten the deal. I think I already know the answer but do you earn a commission on sales? Does the blackberry or whatever it is when you say i'll "run the prices up or work them out" tell you all that info, like the minimum you can sell it for, what you can offer etc?
My bf works at Clive Anthonys which is owned by the same guy who ownes JB HI-FI. Yes they do get commission on sales. Also when they go to 'check the price for you' and my bf has shown me this with the example of Ipod speakers worth $399, the page lists the price it's up for in the store and the price which they bought it at ($79- I am serious that's what they got it for)- they can't go under the price they bought it for. It doesn't tell them what they can offer but it gives them an idea as to how low they can go. Obviously if the speakers are $399 and they got it for $79 and he comes back and offers you $250, you think you've saved alot when in reality they're still making heaps of money. Although it's not such a big difference in prices for all the products.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Yep that's what I thought when he said that, actually used to be a person in my class for two years and made out like he was doing a really good deal and it was but honestly we were spedning a fair bit and I knew he would be making sure he got his best cut.

Thanks for the reply.

Guess my thread idea failed. :(

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Subway: At my local subway last week I wanted to try the new chicken schnitzel sub but they said subway have delayed/cancel the promotion and might/should be doing it later. Just wondering why since it was heavily advertised?

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
KFC: Is it mandatory to be either Asian or Indian to work at your fast food outlets?
Supre: Do you have to sleep with the C.E.O. or store manager, or both, to get the job?

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
lol now I can't think of any more. I would say something for a newsagents but that'd be dissing myself :p

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
My newsagent is a real bitch (think we might have discussed this before somewhere?). She won't even say hello, tell me the price of my paper, or make eye contact with me. Same for most of the males really. Yet for females (especially mothers with their children there) she is really chatty and clogs up the queue because she is usually the only one serving. Feminist cow.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
hahaha yeah i remember this conversation. lulz i know i'm a bitch when i serve certain people :p
everyone besides me at my work is nice and friendly. come buy your papers here

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
I've been wondering why some fashion retailers have security tags on their clothing, and others don't? I work in fashion retail and we tag EVERYTHING (though some people have ripped security tags off and stolen in the past, but that would probably rip a hole into the garment).

I think I was in Cotton On and Glassons the other day and couldn't see tags on anything, wouldn't it make stealing easier (though everything is so cheap, you'd have to be really desperate to not pay...)??

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
I worked in Cotton On Body for a little while, though I don't know why we didn't have security tags. Maybe because we had such a high turnover; it would be very difficult to tag everything, because it'd be out the door in an hour or two anyway.
Heaps of stuff was stolen, though. We kept on finding price tags on the floor, a few every day, which was generally the marker of someone giving themselves a five-finger discount. As long as I was there, nobody ever got caught.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
I worked in Cotton On Body for a little while, though I don't know why we didn't have security tags. Maybe because we had such a high turnover; it would be very difficult to tag everything, because it'd be out the door in an hour or two anyway.
Heaps of stuff was stolen, though. We kept on finding price tags on the floor, a few every day, which was generally the marker of someone giving themselves a five-finger discount. As long as I was there, nobody ever got caught.
Ta for the reply :). A new friend of mine is an ex Cotton On manager and she said the same thing basically.

I would hate to work in such a high traffic store. We rarely have stuff stolen unless people bring in pliers to get the security tags off. Gotta watch the thongs too, they can't be tagged. I haven't caught anyone yet, but others have chased thieves down the street lol.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
McDonalds: Are they back to 30c cones across the state, or in just a few stores? If currently only a few stores, will this extend to others, or will the offer disappear again?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Nah, not the price, just the quantity that I can get for $1

HSC
Rebel Sport - Do you earn commision on your sales? Cos the staff are always putting their barcode stickers on stuff they sell.
That may also be so that they can log into the computers to put the sale through? Instead of a login number.

But I don't work at Rebel though, just speculating.

purplemonkey

HSC
Subway: At my local subway last week I wanted to try the new chicken schnitzel sub but they said subway have delayed/cancel the promotion and might/should be doing it later. Just wondering why since it was heavily advertised?

My sister works at Subway and said they retracted the promotion coz they had stacks of complains about how shit it tasted and how pink the meat was (it was thigh). They don't reckon it will come back.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Ah thank you, I thought it would be something to do with the stock quality or something it just seemed quite random especially with all the adds I saw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)