ATAR calculations based of Prelim results (1 Viewer)

Mortini

HSC
Hey y'all,

Just got reports back from my preliminary year, and was pretty happy with how they turned out:
SOR 1:
ASSESSMENT MARK : 38 / 50. ASSESSMENT RANK : 6 / 55
English ADV:
ASSESSMENT MARK : 82 / 100. ASSESSMENT RANK : 10 / 37
English EXT:
ASSESSMENT MARK : 45 / 50. ASSESSMENT RANK : 2 / 5
Mathematics Standard:
ASSESSMENT MARK : 65 / 100. ASSESSMENT RANK : 34 / 110
History Ancient:
ASSESSMENT MARK : 80 / 100. ASSESSMENT RANK : 2 / 15
History Modern:
ASSESSMENT MARK : 74 / 100. ASSESSMENT RANK : 6 / 30
Legal Studies:
ASSESSMENT MARK : 80 / 100. ASSESSMENT RANK : 1 / 18

Aside from maths, which i'm dropping for History EXT anyways, I was really happy with my results. Decided to chuck them into an ATAR calculator and got... 77

How accurate is this? I just don't really understand how I can seem to be performing so well but come out with such a low ATAR?

Cheers for any advice, just looking to calm some nerves or at least see what I will need to do to get a significantly higher ATAR (85-90ish)

idkkdi

HSC
Depends on school rank. Generally, people do better in the HSC course though.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
You shouldn’t be using your actual school results in an ATAR calculator, let alone ones from Year 11. Every school has different standards of marking whereas the actual HSC puts everything on the same standard.

The inputs for most ATAR calculators are the HSC marks you will actually get. So for example if your actual HSC mark for Mathematics Standard was 65/100 then that will be a big drag on your ATAR because that is below the state average. However if that 65/100 is because your school has harder assessments than the HSC itself then it is possible your actual HSC mark is much higher.

There is also this complication of raw marks, aligned marks and scaled marks which I won’t go into detail.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)