English Standard: 39/166
Math Extension1: 9/44
Math Extension 2: 9/10
Physics: 11/55

Any chance of getting 80?

Last edited:

icycledough

HSC
It would help if you could provide Band 6 average rank on average over the last few years (available on HSCNinja)

J@Ocean

HSC
It would help if you could provide Band 6 average rank on average over the last few years (available on HSCNinja)
In the past few years the total number of students achieving Band 6/Band E4 has been around 170, the highest 180 n the lowest 150. So the school is among the top 60 in the state?

Last edited:

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Your ranks in English Standard, Mathematics Extension 1 and Physics all seem favourable and consistent with your ATAR goal. Hopefully you have performed sufficiently well in your HSC exams across your respective subjects, especially Mathematics Extension 2 as your rank in this subject is the least favourable. Considering all the information that you have provided, it can be deduced that you do indeed have a chance of achieving an 80+ ATAR.

In addition to what icycledough mentioned above, it would be good to provide band 6/E4 data of your school in terms of each of your respective subjects, i.e. how many students at your school have achieved a band 6 in:
  • English Standard
  • Chemistry
  • Physics
This information would also extend to how many students at your school have achieved a band E4 in:
  • Mathematics Extension 1
  • Mathematics Extension 2
I hope this helps! :D

J@Ocean

HSC
Thank you so much!

I checked the Matrix Education website and found this:
in 2019 no student at my school achieved band 6 in English Standard
4 students achieved E4 in Math Ext 2
13 E4 in Math Ext 1
5 B6 in Chemistry
4 B6 in Physics.

Also, if I performed better in Math Ext 2 in HSC exam than in the trial, does that help?

Cheers

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you so much!

I checked the Matrix Education website and found this:
in 2019 no student at my school achieved band 6 in English Standard
4 students achieved E4 in Math Ext 2
13 E4 in Math Ext 1
5 B6 in Chemistry
4 B6 in Physics.

Also, if I performed better in Math Ext 2 in HSC exam than in the trial, does that help?

Cheers
No worries!

It seems that you may be on track for a band E4 in Mathematics Extension 1 which is very good as it boosts your chances of achieving an 80+ ATAR.

Good performance in the Mathematics Extension 2 is undoubtedly favourable as the Examination Mark, which is the mark you achieve in the HSC exam, contributes 50% of your HSC mark (final mark) for this subject. How well you have performed exactly will determine the extent to which Mathematics Extension 2 can positively influence your ATAR, hopefully allowing you to reach your desired ATAR.

nourished.

HSC
School ranking around 170

My assessment ranks:
Chemistry: 21/64
English Standard: 39/166
Math Extension1: 9/44
Math Extension 2: 9/10
Physics: 11/55

Any chance of getting 80?
Yes.

J@Ocean

HSC
No worries!

It seems that you may be on track for a band E4 in Mathematics Extension 1 which is very good as it boosts your chances of achieving an 80+ ATAR.

Good performance in the Mathematics Extension 2 is undoubtedly favourable as the Examination Mark, which is the mark you achieve in the HSC exam, contributes 50% of your HSC mark (final mark) for this subject. How well you have performed exactly will determine the extent to which Mathematics Extension 2 can positively influence your ATAR, hopefully allowing you to reach your desired ATAR.
Thank you for the encourage.

I was frustrated with my Math Extension 2 rank. The reason I believe was that I didn't perform well in the trial or assessment. So I was wondering how will the 9/10 affect my HSC mark and ATAR in the end?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you for the encourage.

I was frustrated with my Math Extension 2 rank. The reason I believe was that I didn't perform well in the trial or assessment. So I was wondering how will the 9/10 affect my HSC mark and ATAR in the end?
No worries. As you know, your rank is an important element because it is used to determine your Assessment Mark, which contributes 50% of your HSC mark for Mathematics Extension 2. Based on this, the higher your rank, the better the Assessment Mark that you can expect. Although being ranked 9/10 may be detrimental to your overall performance, since you have performed well in your Mathematics Extension 2 HSC exam, the effect that your seemingly unfavourable rank will have on your HSC mark is likely to be reduced because the Examination Mark (the mark you receive on the HSC exam) contributes the remaining 50% of your HSC mark for this subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)