ATAR estimate please :( (1 Viewer)

fallenleaves

HSC
Hi! My goal is 70-75
I was not in the best place mentally this year, my grades were honestly horrible and I was very close to giving up but I was recently saved by my UTS early offer. However, I'm just wondering if my internals are already too unredeemable at this point to even meet the conditional offer requirement, because when looking into it, a 70 atar seems harder to get than I thought..... 😬
I've managed to get myself together recently, and have been studying more and catching up, but I'm not really expecting to see any super dramatic improvements.

(My school's ranking is around 30-50 most years)

Internals (raw average + rank + number of Band 6s in 2021):
English Advanced: 80 + 23/71 + 15
Maths Advanced: 71 + 12/40 + 7
Biology: 67 + 17/31 + 3
Chemistry: 59 + 14/25 + 1
Visual Arts: 82 + 3/8 + 4

Externals (estimated raw mark):
English Advanced: 77
Maths Advanced: 73 (harshly marked based on leaked solutions)
Biology: 70
Chemistry: 70
Visual arts: 85

ty! any responses will be greatly appreciated

thegoatminusthea

HSC
hi! u can use the matrix calculator, it's super accurate. i think with your subjects and ur school rank, scaling should be on ur side. j do the average of ur internals and externals and put that as ur mark for the subject.

hehe43

HSC
hi! u can use the matrix calculator, it's super accurate. i think with your subjects and ur school rank, scaling should be on ur side. j do the average of ur internals and externals and put that as ur mark for the subject.
Putting your average of your internals and externals is a poor method, as the matrix calculator and indeed all atar calculators are designed to used scaled marks. You are therefore much better off estimating your scaled internals based off the number of bad sixes and your rank. Raw internals have no effect whatsoever.

hehe43

HSC
It appears that your marks are consistent with an atar of 80-82, with an lowest possible atar at around 77. If your externals are near what you think, you could be looking at an atar of 83-85. Good luck!

fallenleaves

HSC
It appears that your marks are consistent with an atar of 80-82, with an lowest possible atar at around 77. If your externals are near what you think, you could be looking at an atar of 83-85. Good luck!
wait FR??? I thought I was completely screwed for sure :0
May I ask how you calculated the moderated internals? I always get confused there when trying to do my own estimate.

tysm for your reply, this has given me some hope and motivation to try harder ☺

carrotsss

HSC
wait FR??? I thought I was completely screwed for sure :0
May I ask how you calculated the moderated internals? I always get confused there when trying to do my own estimate.

tysm for your reply, this has given me some hope and motivation to try harder ☺
You have to kinda use a bit of an educated guess i.e if there’s 5 band 6s at ur school in a subjects and ur 5th, a hsc mark of 90 is a safe guess.

thegoatminusthea

HSC
Putting your average of your internals and externals is a poor method, as the matrix calculator and indeed all atar calculators are designed to used scaled marks. You are therefore much better off estimating your scaled internals based off the number of bad sixes and your rank. Raw internals have no effect whatsoever.
tysm i didnt know this, i put in estimates for my subjects and i was so disappointed when i saw them lol bc i put in raw marks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)