Maths Ext 1: 23/40
Modern History: 17/65
Business Studies: 7/95
Economics: 5/35

What do you think im likely to get?

Last edited:

Rawf

HSC
Tbh, these ranks aren't that bad... (I don't exactly know what SORI is though).
I'd say 90-92

lvella10

HSC
Pretty sure im atleast 90...
I honestly don't think you are ... School rank is relatively poor, and you're not doing overly great in anything .. Especially english. I honestly can't see you obtaining anything more than ~86 if you remain at this level.

RishBonjour

HSC
I honestly don't think you are ... School rank is relatively poor, and you're not doing overly great in anything .. Especially english. I honestly can't see you obtaining anything more than ~86 if you remain at this level.
this. Try and top a few subjects. (I just realised, trails are over). So try and smash your externals. Don't put "I'm at least 90" in your head

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Really? School rank means nothing when you consider the ranks of a cohort of this size.

OP is most likely within the top 50 of their grade and if their cohort is anything like last years (please specify op) then they'll get 90+

lvella10

HSC
My cohort is one of the largest in the state .. Ranked 114 .. I'm first in 3/5 subjects and top 3 in my other 2 .. I'm pushing a 98 .. To say a guy ranked so low at a school only just below my own obtaining over 90, is some what insulting .. Unless everyone above OP have acquired very similar marks, I highly doubt he'd crack 90 ..

Last edited:

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
My cohort is one of the largest in the state .. Ranked 114 .. I'm first in 3/5 subjects and top 3 in my other 2 .. I'm pushing a 98 .. To say a guy ranked so low at a school only just below my own obtaining over 90, is some what insulting .. Unless everyone above OP have acquired very similar marks, I highly doubt he'd crack 90 ..
On what authority is that?

And anyway you don't know anything about the op's school. Schools with similar ranks have their marks bunched in different areas. I'm going by what the op has said their rank would get in their school last year. Obviously the op should probably give more information but you should back up your arguement more with actual stats.

Also, i honestly can't see why you get insulted over something so trivial...

lvella10

HSC
He's ranked 40th in english to begin with .. That instantly is gonna cost him a shit load .. His school is ~150 , so the likelihood of him being in an amazing cohort is slim .. He's ranked far from the top in everything else, And his subs don't scale excessively well either .. I think you need to "learn your shit" prior to wasting my time.

lvella10

HSC
On what authority is that?

And anyway you don't know anything about the op's school. Schools with similar ranks have their marks bunched in different areas. I'm going by what the op has said their rank would get in their school last year. Obviously the op should probably give more information but you should back up your arguement more with actual stats.

Also, i honestly can't see why you get insulted over something so trivial...
Actual facts such as my school predicting my atar at 98.1? Actual facts like my high 90's average for my subjects ? Actual facts such as my aforementioned ranks?

lvella10

HSC
i would put $500 on the fact that if his ranks are his final ranks, taking his best 10 unit internal marks at the end of the year and putting them into an atar calculator he would definitely be over 90. please consult UAC tables to have any idea what is going on. 40/160 is not a poor rank in english for starters considering the upper quartile mark is 87 for english advanced.
I've seen the uac tables .. And in all honesty if I was 40/160 for advanced english, I'd want to neck myself .. It's piss poor and you all know it. OP shouldn't be given false hope, and my alternate opinion shouldn't be regarded as harsh, just because it's actually more symbolic of what he should expect

lvella10

HSC
I said actual facts about their school.

I could honestly continue to tear you to bits but this arguement wouldn't do any of us any good. Bye
Then why highlight the part of my argument where I state my predicted atar, and follow it by stating I should be clearer and provide facts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)