Atar or rank (1 Viewer)

Deadinside

HSC
N/A
my school is in the 100s and im doing physics, 4u maths, 3u maths , eng standard. do i have to be in the top 5 or ten in terms of rank in all the subjects to get 90+ atar or what score do i have to get every assessment

HSC
N/A
Top 5/10 is desirable but it's not always the key to getting a 90+ ATAR. Marks are very important too. You should be aiming for 90+ in all of your subjects. That way you will easily secure a 90+ ATAR.

Everwinter

HSC
Not sure about your school, but my school have a similar ranking and the quality of the cohort is drastically different years to years (can jump from 160 to 110 and vice versa), so definitely top 5 in all subject for a secured 90+. You said 90+ atar so I assume that you do not just want a low 90, maybe top 3 in every exam is more ideal. (this may not apply to you if your school have a stable ranking)

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
1st in every subject is like 99.95
top 3 in every subject is 99+
top 5 in every subject is 95+
top 10 in every subject is 90+

I reckon this is the case for my school which is top 50 as of recently, but I think it can apply to a school in the 100's too, I could be very wrong so don't take this seriously

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
1st in every subject is like 99.95
top 3 in every subject is 99+
top 5 in every subject is 95+
top 10 in every subject is 90+

I reckon this is the case for my school which is top 50 as of recently, but I think it can apply to a school in the 100's too, I could be very wrong so don't take this seriously
The rankings might need to be higher for a school in the 100s so keep this in mind

Also yeah try aim for first in all subjects so no one can drag you down

Deadinside

HSC
N/A
No pressure at all😅
do i also have to be ranked one in ext 2 maths?

Everwinter

HSC
Not so much for ext 1 and 2 maths, based on my school (which have a similar ranking), but ranking in sciences definitely have a large effect (some years there are 3 or 4 band 6, some years only have 1). But again, this may not apply to you because schools are different from each other.

Everwinter

HSC
" bettereducation.com.au/Results/Hsc.aspx " find your school at this site and press into the DA of your school, you should find the number of band 6 for each subject in your school. You may know this site already but hope it may help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)