ATAR (1 Viewer)

matt_ryanx

HSC
Has anyone ever gotten a band 1 in a subject before, how unlikely is it??

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Has anyone ever gotten a band 1 in a subject before, how unlikely is it??
Obviously very highly unlikely. I don't know anyone whose gotten a band 1 but there would definitely be people who have gotten it before. I think maybe a few people from my school might've gotten a band 1 in General maths because they were failing their internals.

matt_ryanx

HSC
Obviously very highly unlikely. I don't know anyone whose gotten a band 1 but there would definitely be people who have gotten it before. I think maybe a few people from my school might've gotten a band 1 in General maths because they were failing their internals.
what do you have to do to get a band 1??? Because for engineering studies 98% of people got between band 2-6, do you have to not do the exam??

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
what do you have to do to get a band 1??? Because for engineering studies 98% of people got between band 2-6, do you have to not do the exam??
Why do you care so much haha. I guess you kinda have to try to get a band 1 imao, but I guess there are people who aren't academically inclined and more into the trades which is fine as well. At least that was the situation with my school.

matt_ryanx

HSC
Why do you care so much haha. I guess you kinda have to try to get a band 1 imao, but I guess there are people who aren't academically inclined and more into the trades which is fine as well. At least that was the situation with my school.
I was just curious because I was averaging around 50% for engineering studies and I guess I did alright in hsc, that’s why I’m asking what are the chances of getting it. My school is in the top 60 but yeah I just wanted to know what you have to do to get a band 1?

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
I was just curious because I was averaging around 50% for engineering studies and I guess I did alright in hsc, that’s why I’m asking what are the chances of getting it. My school is in the top 60 but yeah I just wanted to know what you have to do to get a band 1?
You probably won't then, just because the HSC aligns your mark so even if you get 50% that will align to a higher mark so I reckon a band 1 is probably unlikely.

Time&moretime

HSC
I'm wondering if 66% is a bad score for Extension 1 Maths. I received my first score today for Ext 1.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm wondering if 66% is a bad score for Extension 1 Maths. I received my first score today for Ext 1.
Nope. What actually matters more is your rank. I got 70% as my first ext 1 score and was ranked near the bottom. I ended up with a high E4 mark. My school was ranked 200+ as well..

Focus these holidays on improving your maths because from now on if you want a higher range E4 you will need to get your rank up. It’s not a‘good’ mark but it’s not a terrible mark. Hope is nowhere near lost yet. =) you can still do really well!

Time&moretime

HSC
Nope. What actually matters more is your rank. I got 70% as my first ext 1 score and was ranked near the bottom. I ended up with a high E4 mark. My school was ranked 200+ as well..

Focus these holidays on improving your maths because from now on if you want a higher range E4 you will need to get your rank up. It’s not a‘good’ mark but it’s not a terrible mark. Hope is nowhere near lost yet. =) you can still do really well!
Thank you for replying. Was feeling sceptical about the Maths as a whole & in need of advice. By the way, my school is ranked in the 300+

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you for replying. Was feeling sceptical about the Maths as a whole & in need of advice. By the way, my school is ranked in the 300+
Eh my school was ranked late 200s so quite close to 300. Don’t worry about all that. Focus on bettering yourself and I assure you that you’ll be fine =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)