ATARs, uni and the like (1 Viewer)

idkkdi

HSC
The assumption that applicants can be distinguished based on the uni they got their degree from is delusional.

Most companies know uni is not (or no longer is) a reliable factor to decide whether an applicant is good or bad.

Contrary to popular belief, wsu and mq have good law teachers who are overshadowed due to the "reputation" of these unis.
perhaps somewhat delusional, but it is a very effective method of wiping out applicants for a job.

ur not going to srsly try to figure out who's the best from 200 applicants for one job. u want speed and decent accuracy.

u wipe them out as fast as possible, and uni just happens to be a very practical method with decent yield. Sure u may wipe out some good people, but chances are there are people just as good if not better in the more well-known unis.

btw, it seems that im more so talking about big law.
as for small companies, i suppose the applicant numbers wouldn't be so big that u would have to wipe out masses.

HSC
perhaps somewhat delusional, but it is a very effective method of wiping out applicants for a job.

ur not going to srsly try to figure out who's the best from 200 applicants for one job. u want speed and decent accuracy.

u wipe them out as fast as possible, and uni just happens to be a very practical method with decent yield. Sure u may wipe out some good people, but chances are there are people just as good if not better in the more well-known unis.

btw, it seems that im more so talking about big law.
as for small companies, i suppose the applicant numbers wouldn't be so big that u would have to wipe out masses.
that's plausible, but quality > speed even in large companies.

sure, there will most likely be some good people left from the well-known unis, no point in going there otherwise lol.

however making probability the basis of recruitment can be detrimental to the company (small and large) in the long-term.

blyatman

HSC
N/A
My friends boss culls 50% of the applicants in one hit by shuffling the CV's and tossing the bottom half. Their reason: "I don't want anyone who is unlucky".

Welcome to the real world lol.

idkkdi

HSC
My friends boss culls 50% of the applicants in one hit by shuffling the CV's and tossing the bottom half. Their reason: "I don't want anyone who is unlucky".

Welcome to the real world lol.
alpha lmfao.

y u delete 3/4 of ur degrees from signature lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)