Attention All Astrophysicists (requiem) (1 Viewer)

superhubert

half way between the gutter and the stars
what you guys think? i thought it was way too fucken easy. just like the rest...
2 marks for colour index, they must be expecting us to fail with something that easy worth 2 marks..
nothing on absorbtion or emmission spectra...
nothing on STELLER LIFECYCLES fume. they asked us crap. what happened to the knowledge nation. do they think if they make the tests piss easy everyone will think we're a knowledge nation.
ps what did you guys put for answers?.....

i thought that was 1 mark?
and i think i got it wrong? that was pretty tragic.

it was easy, which makes it hard, coz i studied the hard stuff, not the easy stuff....

Smurfwow

Member Assistant
HSC
yup this option was a joke...

do option's get scaled.... if not, quanta to quarks got ripped off badly.

J

juzza

Originally posted by 1234567

it was easy, which makes it hard, coz i studied the hard stuff, not the easy stuff....
Buddy, I couldn't agree more. The whole paper consisted of the basic/easy stuff that text books spoon-feed you through step by step. But that said, I still felt I did well. I would have liked a harder exam with some distance modulus, magnitudes and stellar life cycles... just because thats what i studied, and i felt happy i understood it.

Scaling will really screw around with the results of this one... but better easy than hard i guess... ... maybe??! ...

superhubert

i know what you guys mean about the easy stuff being harder, because its the easy stuff where you've gotta be carefull of every word you say and how it shows the answer perfectly. i'd much rather write 2 pages on electron degenerecy pressure in neutron stars than 2 lines on colour index.....

the options DO get scaled, i know that for fact. How much is another matter.. Its probably scaled around the rest of the test. ie, if the top 10% of section 1 and 2 all did q2q and failed, then q2q would probably be scaled the most, regardless of how easy/hard the option really was.
ps isn't there more people who do astrophysics than this?

smithy

Yeah mate- plenty more people who do astrophysics- i just don't know how to take this exam- i mean i could answer it all- with just a few minor things i had to botch a bit- but i didn't come out of the exam feeling "that was the easiest exam ever"- dunno why

oh well- i wish they put more motors and gen and more I to I- cos i likethat stuff.

superhubert

i think i felt that way about the test because i did more study for it than i ever done for anything in my life, then it turned out to be a pretty easy test. pissed me off a bit. i've got chem tommorrow and don't know much cause i spent all my time on physics. but after the physics test i don't think i'll really be cramin' all that hard today..... i don't think its worth the effort.

josie_is_slut

u know wat was mad, that 7 mark question on improving resolution on ground based astronomy, all u had to is regurigitate information from the textbook
and they also had that box S in the wrong place , it should be down.

superhubert

hmmm i think you're probably right about s. its more in the region of brown dwarfs than white.....what did you put for that 7 marker, "and at least one other development." did you just talk about interferometry, or did you talk about something else as well. i didn't think of it in the exam, but maybe you cant get full marks unless you talk about more than one other..... i hope not:(

J

juzza

I spoke about:

- Interferometry & Speckle Interferometry
- Adaptive optics
- Active optics
- CCD's and computer enhancement

I also defined resolution, sensitivity, seeing and atmospheric absorption of EMR's just incase they were after that. I know some ppl got into 2 8 page booklets on this one, cause they had the time!

I just can't believe I didn't see the Q on nuclear reactions in stars... so easy too and I didn't do it!!

But hey, that must make you all feel even better. I must be the only one to screw up an exam I thought was easy :rolleyes:

superhubert

if it makes you feel better about missing that 2 marks on nuclear reactions, i just realised i prbably lost 2 marks on the 7 marker.. i forgot to define resolution and sensativity! there goes two marks right away, damn.
ps, i thought photometry was just used for measuring luminosity. i didn't make the connection with sensativity. damn probably there goes some more marks.....

josie_is_slut

for that 7 marker, i had a friend started talking about hipparcos, i dunno y, wen the question clearly sed improving resolution on ground baed telescopes, watta idiot, i swear.....i jus talked about interfermorty ( i dunno how to spell it, lol ), .....i rekon our option was pretty easy, if u understood the work in class, and studied for it, u shoulda killed it, its all just textbook work

Smurfwow

Member Assistant
HSC
i said through the formula (m1 + m2 = whatever). i wrote what each variable in the forumula was etc.

smithy

well, right now i couldn't give a shit- cos i'm all finished and now i'm a free man for at least a couple of months.

katie436

HSC
I thought that the Astrophysics questions were so simple. I was still learning things on the morning of the exam and managed decent responses. I blitzed this section, but I am atrocious at physics, so that says something about the exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)