australian institue of music audition (help please, like seriously) [merged] (1 Viewer)

philphie

Banned
HSC
Re: attn: musical people. my friend is an idiot.

i hope ur right because my mate got rejected from UNSW, UNE, and hasnt heard from UWS... for UNCLE his audition met the requirements but his ATAR of 64.40 will probably screw him over for that.
he will probably get into uws unless he failed their very basic theory 'test'. what instrument does he/she play?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

he will probably get into uws unless he failed their very basic theory 'test'. what instrument does he/she play?
This

they cut him off in the middle of his second song (he does guitar and vocals

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad

guitar. i dont think his theory is very good. and from what he has told me, his audition didnt go too well :S

philphie

Banned
HSC

then he probably won't make it. let's hope he can afford aim if not, then jmc, but i hear jmc is just as expensive

big_jezza

HSC

hehe, amelia, i love some of the replies in this, they just make me laugh :)

hi, im the retard that meilz92 is talking about in this thread, yes, i did know that theory was erquired and that they were at AMEB level, i honestly thought i was up to par with my music theory (having spoken to my muisc teacher(s)) but got a real shoch when i sat for the UNE audition, from that point onwards i worked as hard as i could with my theory. UNSW i was never expecting to get into, the only reason i picked it was because i didnt want to go to the con, being a guitarist/singer im not really into all the classical and jazz and am strongly leaning towards contemprary options. i completely accept that getting ejcted from UNE and UNSW is my own fault, however this does not bother me in the slightest, there is always another way to get into university. have been accepted to UNCLE, ad my ATAR is in their specified range, according to the guy on the day they are accepting 100 people into the course this year, and only 60 people had registered for an audition. with UWS am not liking my chances but there is always hope, for me failing these basic theory "tests" like singing scales and clapping rythms, i do my absoloute best to make up with in my performance.

while on that point, does anybody in this thread know of any websites/programs that could help me with singing scales and clapping out rhythms, dont know exactly what to type into google, and am not having much lukc with what i have typed in so far, any suggestions would be great.

amelia, your a douche for starting this thread, but thanks bud :)

big_jezza

HSC
australian institue of music audition (help please, like seriously)

have an audition at the australian institue of music on the 21st of january, am prepared for performance, but am kinda worried about interview, guy on the phone said they would test my basic music skills in the interview with lings like singing scales and clapping out rhythms. those two things, i am EXTREMELY NOT good at. does anybody know of any websites/programs that could help with either of those two things ???

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
have an audition at the australian institue of music on the 21st of january, am prepared for performance, but am kinda worried about interview, guy on the phone said they would test my basic music skills in the interview with lings like singing scales and clapping out rhythms. those two things, i am EXTREMELY NOT good at. does anybody know of any websites/programs that could help with either of those two things ???
Find a singing teacher

philphie

Banned
HSC

just type search solfege training. but i recommend you get yourself a teacher, a proper teacher, there are so many dodgy guitar teachers out there nowadays.

big_jezza

HSC
Find a singing teacher
this is the main reason i made this thread, that was the first thing i did when i found out i would be assessed on these two things, all the tuition places in my area and in the surrounding areas are away while there are still school holidays, they dont start up again until after the auditions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)