Avril Lavigne... (1 Viewer)

nome35

ive just bought avril lavigne's cd, let go, and i love it, and i want to know what you guys think of it, if you like it or hate it and why...

so i guess i'll go first, the reason i like her so much is the fact that she dosn't have to be naked in a film clip to sell cds
and the songs are cool too...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
isnt this thread meant to be in entertainment ...

anyway i loved the album (but i havent listened to it for like a month) ... she rocks ... altho i wasnt too fond of complicated when it first came out ... ska8er boi is creative ...

but heaps of people think she is too much of a punk with ties and all ...

Rosie

OMG i love avril lavigne although i don't own her album but its all good coz my niece isgetting it for chrissy and i will just get a burned copy off her! Has everyone heard her new song 'here with you'?? its really nice just different to skater boi and complicated. I love the way she doesn't have to show herself practically naked to be liked and popular with teens! its about time someone like avril came along!! :)

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
I quite like her songs. I don't like her though. She's not even a punk. 'nough said.

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
OMG OMG OMG

ahhahhah i HATE avril lavinge

im sorry

but her whole "im so punk" thing, rofl

yea... at least ppl like britney etc actually admit they play pop

AVRIL LAVINGE :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

shes the biggest down "he was a punk, she did ballet, what more did i have to say" ahahhahhhhahhahahha

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
sorry, but I'll point this out. her songs were written WITH a professional songwriter.:D

Luigi_000, I know what you mean by the whole punk thing.
Few days ago I saw some year 8 or 9 girls from my ol' school. they were wearing damn ties!!! so much for trying to be different hey!

terminator

i totally agree with Luigi. her lyrics are pathetic, her songs are for primary students. and she probably doesn't even get to decide what she wears.

Crazy

wow, what a coincidence, im actually just listening to Avril

i must say i wasnt keen on her music at the start

and i dont go much on the 'im a punk look'

but honestly, her cd is excellent - album of the year type stuff, i was quite surprised

Christine

beige member
HSC
Originally posted by luigi_000
OMG OMG OMG

ahhahhah i HATE avril lavinge

im sorry

but her whole "im so punk" thing, rofl

yea... at least ppl like britney etc actually admit they play pop

AVRIL LAVINGE :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

shes the biggest down "he was a punk, she did ballet, what more did i have to say" ahahhahhhhahhahahha
i agree, as a matter of fact - i actually prefer britney :p

mmhmm

I HATE HER TOO!!!!
SHE TRIES SO MUCH TO BE NOT BRITANY-CHRISTINA LIKE BUT IT JUST DOSNT WORK!
SHE ANNOYS ME SOOOOO MUCH
I HATE HOW HARD SHE TRIES TO BE A PUNK OR WATEVER
SO PATHETIC

hmmmm as u can see i really dont like her at all

GJ_JOE

blood brother
Originally posted by Ollz San
I quite like her songs. I don't like her though. She's not even a punk. 'nough said.
agreed! she's so gimmick-y

Last edited:

Durban

i also hate her punk "image" she is such a try hard!!

i like britney, cos she knows shes just a poppy singer and doesnt try to be anything more

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
I think they're trying a different marketing strategy on her. they're marketing her as "punk" as opposed to bubblegum pop like britney and the like.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I hate Avril Lavinge with a passion..
Not for her music (Well, I do hate her music, but that's all about personal tastes...) but for her bullshit attitudes. "I'm a punk rocker who writes her own songs and plays guitar."
*Her songs are 'pop'...maybe some are 'pop-rock'. Not punk.
*She barely ever plays her guitar...which would be fine, if she didn't claim to.
*Her songs are co-written...which, again, would be fine, if she didn't claim to be some prodigy songwriter.

And her try-hard punk clothing? Clothing shouldn't define a music genre...and a girl wearing a tie isn't as mindblowing as she seems to think.

If she just claimed to be what she is- ie, an entertainer who sings-and sometimes writes- pop music, who dabbles on the guitar but can't yet honestly claim to be a professional "musician", then I'd have no problem with her. I still wouldn't in a million years consider buying her album, but I'd be fine with what she's doing.
It sickens me that there are so many brilliant, genuine musicians out there who never get a break, while Avril tops the charts with her blatant bullshit...the music industry is sooo fucked up.:mad:

GJ_JOE

blood brother
i remember back in year 10 the try-hards (girls and guys) wore ties so they'd look more like year 12 students lol

anyway....what do you guys think of michelle branch and norah jones? i'm not really into pop music but i thought m.branch's album was v.good....as for norah jones i've only heard "come away with me" i reckon is probably the best song from a pop artist this year....

1 more

fructis
HSC
i agree with the anti-marketing sentiment, she is way more contrived than britney.
another gripe of mine is like "u$her", the ridiculous slang as titles for songs-- i mean "sk8r boi"??! so unnatural. i dont mind the song though, i like stories.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)