Awards Presentation Ceremony (1 Viewer)

hYperTrOphY

HSC
I got a letter in the mail the other day saying I've won two 'prizes', which will be awarded at the College of Business Awards Presentation Ceremony. Does anyone know what kind of prizes we get?

One of them is sponsored by LexisNexis, so I'm assuming it will be a book voucher? The other is the Rotary Club of Rydalmere.

Also, do other colleges have similar award ceremonies?

L

LaraB

do you do eco units? coz last time i went to their awards night seriously 3/4 of the prizes were for finance/eco related stuff lucky people lol

From memory, the publishing company ones i.e. like lexis nexis gave either gift vouchers to use for their stuff or a cheque... can't remember what the rotary one was.

There's some pretty decent stuff - i got the NSW IR society prize and i got a $500 cheque :)

Mostly seems to be small cheques or book vouchers or in the case of dean's medals - medals lol... they give out the post-graduate scholarships then too so those guys get a really large sum of money to use to help out their research or they get "awarded" a paid research placement.

well done btw :) These kinds of "prizes" are an awesome resume thing believe me! :)

Demandred

HSC
LaraB said:
do you do eco units? coz last time i went to their awards night seriously 3/4 of the prizes were for finance/eco related stuff lucky people lol

From memory, the publishing company ones i.e. like lexis nexis gave either gift vouchers to use for their stuff or a cheque... can't remember what the rotary one was.

There's some pretty decent stuff - i got the NSW IR society prize and i got a $500 cheque :)

Mostly seems to be small cheques or book vouchers or in the case of dean's medals - medals lol... they give out the post-graduate scholarships then too so those guys get a really large sum of money to use to help out their research or they get "awarded" a paid research placement.

well done btw :) These kinds of "prizes" are an awesome resume thing believe me! :)
What eco awards >??:mad1:

L

LaraB

Demandred said:
What eco awards >??:mad1:
It was ages ago so i can't remember, but there were heaps.

Most the awards that were corporate sponsored, as most are, were from companies with an interest in finance/economics.

They were generally for first place in certain units, topping yoru course for your year etc etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)