• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

B. Comm and Media/ B Arts (1 Viewer)

moony88

HSC
Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone is doing a double degree of B Comm and Media Studies in Screen Studies and B.Arts in psychology? I know its a pretty rare combo, but i think it'd be awesome, as it combines my two main interest areas. Just any thoughts, even on the seperate degrees, and what the content is like!

Oh, one more think, on the B. Comm in Screen studies, does anyone currently undertaking the course know if it prepares you for producing in television? just wondering...

cheers, moony:)

nwatts

HSC
I have a friend doing the BCM/BA combo. Can't remember his BA major though- still a first year, got some time to decide.

The BCM course is pretty cool. You get a bit of everything. This session's BCM cores are POL121- basically an introduction into international relations and PHIL106 which seems to be an ethics-based phil course. POL121's lectures are mixed, but so far tutes are good value. Last session had a communications, a socio and JOUR101 for journalism kiddies. I didn't like it, but many did, and it's a pathway to more interesting styles of journo, so I don't regret doing it.

Screen studies kicks in when you're a 2nd year. I plan on somehow getting myself into one of the film subs (even if i go 5 subjects)- of all subjects in the entire uni they seem to be the most highly praised.

2007's bachelor of journalism with a major in something to do with broadcasting would get you into producing news and stuff like that for television. I'm not sure about anything else, you'd need to ask the CA or Arts fac who'd have a better idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)