B.Comm timetabling sem 1 help (1 Viewer)

SammyT123

HSC
I will likely be doing commerce at unsw next year. I was messing around on bojangles and have a few questions :)

1.Do I have to do all my core courses first?

2.Assuming I'll apply for a job in my second year, should I take wam boosters all in the first year?

3.Lurking around I often see that some courses are way easier in sem 1 and harder in sem 2 or vice versa . Is there any way to check averages? (Or if you guys know smth personally please post here)

4. If I don't have to do core courses first, which electives will be the easiest ?

5. I'm under the assumption I take 4 subjects per semester (all commerce subjects are 6 units). This means I can go to uni 2 days a week , end before 5pm, and have 1.5 hours of lunch. Is this correct ?

I just finished my HSC so Idk wth is going on [emoji14]

leehuan

HSC
1. No. I for one am trying to delay MGMT1001 till 4th year 2nd sem

2. Well, whilst some jobs do look at it, not every job will care about your WAM.

3. Not that I know of - this I'll let someone else answer

4. Hmm... It depends on what kind of person you are. Some people will find some of the following easier for them: {FINS1613, INFS1602, MARK1012}

5. If your timetabling is that convenient, yes. But it really depends on the timetabling. You're correct about the commerce subjects being 6 UoC and 4 subjects per sem as a result of it though.

SammyT123

HSC
1. No. I for one am trying to delay MGMT1001 till 4th year 2nd sem

2. Well, whilst some jobs do look at it, not every job will care about your WAM.

3. Not that I know of - this I'll let someone else answer

4. Hmm... It depends on what kind of person you are. Some people will find some of the following easier for them: {FINS1613, INFS1602, MARK1012}

5. If your timetabling is that convenient, yes. But it really depends on the timetabling. You're correct about the commerce subjects being 6 UoC and 4 subjects per sem as a result of it though.
Thank you for your reply :)
In terms of the sem1 vs sem2 courses, ill try find the posts (here on the chit chat thread) that say certain subjects are easier in a semester than the other.

BTW how long is the walk from one end of unsw to the other ? (Just curious , I didn't consider how long I'd have to walk between classes when timetabling as I really don't mind a 20 minute walk)

Also , are any subjects reccomended for first years sem 1? Seems odd that I can jump right into anything (ignoring prerequisites ofc)

Last edited:

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
I will likely be doing commerce at unsw next year. I was messing around on bojangles and have a few questions :)

1.Do I have to do all my core courses first?

2.Assuming I'll apply for a job in my second year, should I take wam boosters all in the first year?

3.Lurking around I often see that some courses are way easier in sem 1 and harder in sem 2 or vice versa . Is there any way to check averages? (Or if you guys know smth personally please post here)

4. If I don't have to do core courses first, which electives will be the easiest ?

5. I'm under the assumption I take 4 subjects per semester (all commerce subjects are 6 units). This means I can go to uni 2 days a week , end before 5pm, and have 1.5 hours of lunch. Is this correct ?

I just finished my HSC so Idk wth is going on [emoji14]
You don't have to do MGMT1001 straight away unless you wanna major in MGMT, because MGMT is a biased piece of shit.

Have a look around other options like INFS

And 1 more thing, if slopes didn't exsist then it's like a 15 min walk from one end to another, but everyday is a leg day at unsw

SammyT123

HSC
You don't have to do MGMT1001 straight away unless you wanna major in MGMT, because MGMT is a biased piece of shit.

Have a look around other options like INFS

And 1 more thing, if slopes didn't exsist then it's like a 15 min walk from one end to another, but everyday is a leg day at unsw
LOL aight ill be cautious when picking my classes
Ty for the reply :)

And yea I'll save mgmt for later

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

D94

HSC
N/A
Depends on the courses and depends on the timetabling. If a course is split over 3 days, then even if you only have 12 hours, you can't get a 2 day timetable.

What seems to be your ideal timetable might not exist. You might get 10am to 6pm with only 1 hour break if you attempt to go for a 2 day timetable. Some courses even finish as late as 8pm or 9pm.

SammyT123

HSC
Depends on the courses and depends on the timetabling. If a course is split over 3 days, then even if you only have 12 hours, you can't get a 2 day timetable.

What seems to be your ideal timetable might not exist. You might get 10am to 6pm with only 1 hour break if you attempt to go for a 2 day timetable. Some courses even finish as late as 8pm or 9pm.
My "ideal timetable" was produced using bojangles , and I beleive its updated for sem 1 :)
So im under the assumption it exists (fingers crossed)

leehuan

HSC
My "ideal timetable" was produced using bojangles , and I beleive its updated for sem 1 :)
Actually getting that ideal timetable pre-planned puts you one step ahead of everyone else because it'll save a lot of hassle later on.

But don't forget that classes do have a maximum capacity. What might be your ideal timetable may be lost if you're a tad too slow with the enrolment procedures.

Last edited:

D94

HSC
N/A
gotta be quick when you enrol, you're basically competing against all the people enrolling at the same time (also expect the website to be slow)

leehuan

HSC
gotta be quick when you enrol, you're basically competing against all the people enrolling at the same time (also expect the website to be slow)
Fortunately first year first sem is the easiest to get a good enrolment with though.

SammyT123

HSC
Think this looks ok

Ill make sure to be quick when enrolling , thanks for the tip :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)