• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

B Commerce- Accounting (1 Viewer)

xxtiaxchelseaxx

HSC
I want to do a Bachelor of Commerce- Accounting (next year (provided I get the marks) but I am still deciding. Anyone doing that?

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
At uni, heap of people I meet seem to do B Commerce - Accounting, its very common and the majority of my friends do that degree. It would be easy to find someone doing that degree, but I dont do it.

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
Yeah, I do the finance and accounting double-degree.

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to do accounting? Personally I find finance much more interesting.

MAlame

HSC
hey luke,
i was thinking of doing one of those in maquarie uni, banking finance or accounting..but i dont know whats the difference between them..can u plz help me and just breifly tell me wats the difference...thnxxx :)

xxtiaxchelseaxx

HSC
Thanks everyone. I like to hear different people's thoughts on university...

Why do I want to do accounting. well i am generally interested in the commerce/business area, its seems to be less demanding than law (which I am also considering), it seems to have good employment prospects for the future and my cousins doing accounting an she is enjoying it. But I'm still in the early stages of deciding so I don't know much about all this.

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
Yeah, well accounting has its advantages... job security, alright pay, but most importantly it teaches you to understand a business as a series of cash-flows, which is also an important management skill.

I started out in just B.Comm-Accg, but I found myself getting bored with the work and I wasn't really being challenged. So I added on the finance degree, and I can tell you it's much more mentally stimulating.

Maybe start out with B.Comm-Accg, and if you get bored with it like I did, consider adding on another degree; perhaps Com-Accg/Law or App.Fin/Comm-Accg.

Monstar

HSC
Like Luke im doing the double degree... although im only first year i can tell you accounting is boring as and some of the lecturers seem to have permaenant PMS. Alot of people tell me it gets better, but its really up to you. And fuck you luke if you think accounting is easy :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)