B Engineering/B Science (1 Viewer)

Bannanafish

HSC
hi, i've got a few q's
1. With this i can choose 2 majors right (mechatronics for engo and physics for science)
2. How's the work load for this kind of double degree?
3. How is the timetable planned? like are the two degrees just interweaved and stretched out a bit? (so i wouldn't be with the same people throughout the degrees)
4. Any know what uai is needed to get into advanced science? (quoted from uac guide: "Exceptional students may select a major sequence from Advanced Science")

Thanks

SoFTuaRiaL

reading pt 4, i assume u r refering to unsw. but here goes ...

1. yes, u can do that combo of mech n physics
2. the workload doesnt increase just cos u do a double. its just that u stay in uni longer :) thats the beauty of double degrees
3. yes, the 2 degrees will be interleaved. but some sort of variation is always possible incase u want to do a particular subject at a particular period
4. to get into adv science ... this can be done only at the end of first yr, if u get a distinction average in 1st yr ...

Bannanafish

HSC
thanks, i'll just clear i few things up

yeah i'm talking about unsw

the double is 5 years while the two degrees individually are 4, and i was asking more a comparitive question with other doubles

thanks again

SoFTuaRiaL

if u transfer from the sci to adv sci, i doubt u'd be able to complete the degree in 5 yrs. it might be 6 yrs. cos thats how it is for sci/comm vs adv sci/comm .... chk that up with the faculty

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)