• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

B science (nutrition) B Excercise and sports science (1 Viewer)

bobbie212

Im interested in this course. Does any1 know anythin bout it like good and bad aspects, career options etc. Im interested in becoming a dietitian and if possible a sports dietitian so help me out yall.

Saul

*ss
HSC
just dont make the mistake of thinking its an easy course, it fully goes into the science of the body and things and is a 4 years honours degree... i had a friend doing it who dropped out after first semester cause she thought it would be less sciencey.

bobbie212

well..i dont have much of a prob wit it being sciency i do HSC chem and bio, and i manage them ok. But i aint brilliant at em by any means, is it really hard to maintain a credit average in somethin like nutrition? cause thats wat u got to do to get into the hons year and gain accreditation as a dietitian

korry

HSC
N/A
are there lotsa jobs available for Dieticians atm? and wat's the pay like?
I'm interested in this course too, but I don't know much about it. Thanks heaps! :)

Collin

HSC
N/A
korry said:
are there lotsa jobs available for Dieticians atm? and wat's the pay like?
I'm interested in this course too, but I don't know much about it. Thanks heaps! :)
Starter salary starts at around 40 to 50 grand. I wouldn't say that there is a massive demand for them, but I doubt you'll have too much trouble finding a job in either the public or private sector.

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
for exercise and sports science, there are hardly any jobs available, unless you want to be a personal trainer.

bobbie212

wats metrics? there is good job prospects for dietetics, you hav to get a credit avergage throughout the course tho to become one.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Just want to remind people that you don't have to undertake BSc (Nutrition), maintain the credit average and do honours to become an accredited dietician. There are quite a few ways in, you can also do a Master of Nutrition and Dietitics, which is what I might be doing. I originally was going to transfer from BSc to BSc (Nutrition), but decided not to because then I could major in other fields aswell, so just a reminder that if you don't get into BSc (Nutrition), drop out or something it's not the end of the world.

bobbie212

well..im sure u would hav to go pretty well in B science to get into the masters course. I mean u couldnt just walz in could u

Collin

HSC
N/A
bobbie212 said:
well..im sure u would hav to go pretty well in B science to get into the masters course. I mean u couldnt just walz in could u
Not really, the requirements are a _PASS_ in a Science undergrad, and preferably a few physiology and biochemistry subjects under your belt from the undergrad (science obviously).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)