Bachaelor of science(advanced maths) (1 Viewer)

catgirl

HSC
i am just wondering are we supposed to choose all the subjects in the enrolment day?it's really painful to read the entire handbook!!!can anyone studied this course please tell me what you recommend the subjects i should take ?thanks you all!

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
You choose all your subjects on enrolment day but can change it up to mid March.

Since you're interested in maths, maybe you should consider physics. Chemistry is also a good first year subject to take. However biology is to be avoided if possible.

Do you want a second major? Then you might have to plan your first year subjects to qualify for the prerequisites for subjects leading up to the major. Otherwise, it's a case of pretty much choose what you like.

The advisors on enrolment day should be able to help you.

I assume that you already know you must have a major in maths or stats and that all first year science will complete 12cp of maths.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I'd do:

MATH1901
MATH1902
SOFT1901
PHYS1901
ENGG1801 (I know this is an engineering unit, but seriously use your electives on it, it's the EASIEST HD you'll ever get)

Then second semester:
MATH1903
MATH1904
MATH1905
SOFT1902
PHYS1902
COSC1901 or 1902

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
withoutaface said:
ENGG1801 (I know this is an engineering unit, but seriously use your electives on it, it's the EASIEST HD you'll ever get)
Not everyone is good at CAD or computing in general you know, and may not achieve a HD, even though I agree that it was easy.

And now that I'm just a science student, yeah, best non science elective ever.

Otherwise, she would be doing MATH1906 and 1907. Automatic entry into ssp. Although whether it's worth it is questionable.

catgirl

HSC
thanks everyone ..um..i think i just decided what i am going to choose on the enrolment day maybe....

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
nit said:
Templar, what subjects you doing this year?
Pharmacology, biochemistry, chemistry (if they let me into ssp) and maths (linear and algebra).

SeDaTeD

HSC
catgirl: So what would you be choosing?

Haha, chem still invited me to ssp even though I got a distinction. Stuff that, you can take my chem ssp spot if you want Templar.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
SeDaTeD said:
Haha, chem still invited me to ssp even though I got a distinction. Stuff that, you can take my chem ssp spot if you want Templar.
If I could do that I would have taken your ssp spot.

According to Dr Clarke they've invited everyone in our chem stream (normal/adv/ssp) with >81 average 1st year chem mark. I'm hoping that a few of them will choose not to do chem and I will get a letter. Until then, fingers crossed.

If no ssp, I might return to maths. Or I might tough it out in adv for a semester, seeing ssp and adv both have the same pracs and lectures, only difference is an additional seminar. And not required to turn up to tutes for ssp. Damn I hate compulsory tutes.

Tabanacle

HSC
Templar said:
I'm hoping that a few of them will choose not to do chem and I will get a letter.
do they just keep on sending out letter until all the ssp places are full? because i was thinking there'd be alot of ppl who don't want to continue with chem next yr who would have gotten an invite to ssp

SeDaTeD

HSC
You, out of all people, didn't get one in the mail?

Tabanacle

HSC
Templar said:
According to Dr Clarke they've invited everyone in our chem stream (normal/adv/ssp) with >81 average 1st year chem mark.
so they don't care about your wam? what do you think will be the absolute lowest (i.e bare minimum) average chem mark for ssp? i'm not holding my breath but an invite would be nice

nit

HSC
For osme reason I think that this screw-up is part of a broader one involving the whole of last semesters chem exam. Anyhow, do I get an invite once sem starts or something?

SeDaTeD

HSC
Threaten to lock all the windows and doors of the chem building and unleash a whole heap of pyradine fumes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)