Bachelor of Economics or no? (1 Viewer)

carolinevivi

HSC
Hey guys, i have been deciding whether to do Bachelor of Economics at USyd and while I'm interested in doing the Bachelor as well as majoring in Accounting later, Im just wondering if it will suit me or not as I have known people who have regretted their decision in picking their degrees. As well as that, Im worried that I wont be able to handle all the Economic subjects and eventually dislike the degree :/
So in short, I'm curious as to what will be taught in Usyd as well as people's experiences with their subjects :)

Thank you in advance

flatwhite

HSC
N/A
Economics in uni is not the same as in high school. More maths are involved.

Do it if you're really interested in it. BEcon at USYD, you have a choice to choose between 3 majors: Economics, Financial Economics, Econometrics, and an optional major. Major in Economics require maths but MUCH LESS than the subsequent econ two majors.

If you do BEcon, definitely recommend majoring a business unit since things in you learn in solely Econ are very practical and not very employable.

Definitely recommend you to talk to people who work in the field, not only students of the degree. See if the career aspects interest you. Don't rush your decision.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)