Bachelor of Education graduates/students come here! (1 Viewer)

bassqueen16

HSC
Hi im in Year 12 2006 and I was just wondering:
*Do you enjoy the degree?
*What specific degree do you do?
*What subjects did you do for the HSC to get into the degree?
*Any hints/tips in regards to the Faculty of Education and Social Work??

ANY help is GREATLY appreciated THANK YOU!!! :)

bassqueen16

HSC
PLEASE!!!!! I really wanna know what Education is like at USYD.....!

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
bassqueen16 said:
Hi im in Year 12 2006 and I was just wondering:
*Do you enjoy the degree?
*What specific degree do you do?
*What subjects did you do for the HSC to get into the degree?
*Any hints/tips in regards to the Faculty of Education and Social Work??

ANY help is GREATLY appreciated THANK YOU!!! :)
ok
I'm doing B Ed (Secondary)/ B Art (psychology).

I like my degree. It's quite flexible in the sense that when I graduate I'll have 2 degrees and I can either teach or a be a child psychologist. i don't know wat i want to do when i graduate yet, so i have a variety of things to do. It's hard...especially the psychology, and first year kinda sucked (but i hear that most 1st degrees are sucky lol)

I did 4unit english, general maths, drama and ancient history. My english units help obviously coz I want to be an english teacher. had a lot of pressure from home..my folks wanted me to do law or something equally boring. my famly saw teaching as a "dead-end degree" but if u want to teach, i suggest go for it. it's really rewarding and if u enjoy a certain subject, why not teach it and further ur passion!

I hated 1st sem in year 1, so if u do decide to do a B Ed, don't get swayed by how stupid 1st year can be. It's all introductory stuff. I have a few 05 graduates who are fretting abotu wat they should do. i reckon do the degree u want, and if u hate it, stick the year out and transfer in second year.

Oh and another thing. If someone tells u Education degrees are a bludge, DON'T BELIEVE THEM!!!!!!

Education, like every other degree, is hard and strenuous and tiring. Just because we don't have 30 contact hours it doesn't mean we don't work. Ok given that some people DON'T work, it's up to u how hard u wanna work. but just remmeber, nothing is easy in uni lol

bassqueen16

HSC
grk_styl said:
ok

I like my degree. It's quite flexible in the sense that when I graduate I'll have 2 degrees and I can either teach or a be a child psychologist. i don't know wat i want to do when i graduate yet, so i have a variety of things to do. It's hard...especially the psychology, and first year kinda sucked (but i hear that most 1st degrees are sucky lol)

I did 4unit english, general maths, drama and ancient history. My english units help obviously coz I want to be an english teacher. had a lot of pressure from home..my folks wanted me to do law or something equally boring. my famly saw teaching as a "dead-end degree" but if u want to teach, i suggest go for it. it's really rewarding and if u enjoy a certain subject, why not teach it and further ur passion!

I hated 1st sem in year 1, so if u do decide to do a B Ed, don't get swayed by how stupid 1st year can be. It's all introductory stuff. I have a few 05 graduates who are fretting abotu wat they should do. i reckon do the degree u want, and if u hate it, stick the year out and transfer in second year.

Oh and another thing. If someone tells u Education degrees are a bludge, DON'T BELIEVE THEM!!!!!!

Education, like every other degree, is hard and strenuous and tiring. Just because we don't have 30 contact hours it doesn't mean we don't work. Ok given that some people DON'T work, it's up to u how hard u wanna work. but just remmeber, nothing is easy in uni lol
THANK YOU so much, i really needed to hear it from someone who acutally has done it and KNOWS what theyre talking about!

finishedhsc2009

HSC
ok

what was so stupid about it exactly?

is education very intense in terms of how much you are expected to read?

i am interested in doing an education degree

Horsegal98

English *******
HSC
I graduated from Usyd with B Education/ B Arts and there was nothing stupid about first year. It was mainly arts subjects with only two education subjects for me, nothing taxing, just a general introduction into the history and philosophy of education. You don't learn any specific 'curriculum knowledge' just the basic principles and it is all very useful. I had Dr. Leslie Scanlon and Dr. Stephen Juan and they were both hugely inspirational and informational, and a credit to the university.

Education is like any other subject, you get out what you put in. I was very lazy and found this such an easy degree! 12 hours of contact time, only did bear minimum of readings (normally about 40 pages expected per week, I normally only did them if I had to present on the readings or had a tutor who asked questions directly to students, normally they ask for volunteers). Prac was challenging, but so is teaching. It is a fun degree you can take where you want- alot of the time you choose what to read and research.

Jelly1987

HSC
Uni Grad
Only do the combined degrees if you are definite you want to do teaching. Do BSc or BA + MT (or Diploma) if you want more flexibility. This way you can do honours in a Science subject or Arts subject if you are interested. You could also major in 2 science subjects. If you definitely want to teach then like I said, do the combined degree. It will allow you to do honours in education in your 4th year. Either way, you'll be a qualified teacher.

As for me, I did the combined degree for 5 years. BEd(Sec Maths)/BSci. Disliked it due to the inflexible structure of the program.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)