Bachelor of Primary Education without HSC? (1 Viewer)

mihenderson

HSC
Hi,

I'm currently studying in year eleven and strongly feel as though this school environment isn't for me. I've never truely enjoyed school but as the end of school nears and it gets more and more serious, it's becoming more stressful and I feel less and less capable of completing the HSC. The problem is that I'm pretty set on the idea of becoming a primary school teacher and I'm unsure how I can achieve a Bachelor of Primary Education without completing my HSC. If it's any help, I'm also currently already teaching at a martial arts school.

If you have any ideas of pathways that I can go down that don't include the HSC, I would super appreciate if you could let me know.

Thank you

blyatman

HSC
N/A
There are ways - I think UoW has a few options. However, such methods generally take longer, and I think they're more geared towards those who decide to get a degree later in life but didn't finish do the HSC (due to hardships in life, health, or whatever reason).

Generally speaking, nobody enjoys studying and taking exams, and almost everyone will feel some level stress at some stage. Uni is not going to be that much better, there's still going to be stress, and your workload is significantly more than in HS. Needless to say, the stress you experience in HS and uni will pale in comparison to a teacher's life, which is a pretty demanding and stressful job. So you're reason/excuse of "I don't enjoy it and it's too stressful" isn't exactly among the best of reasons.

You have the opportunity to do the HSC, which not everyone has. Assuming you're not facing any hardships in life, my recommendation is to just do it get through it, then look at alternative pathways if you don't make the cut.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)