• Congratulations to the Class of 2021 on your results!
    Let us know how you went here
    Got a question about your uni preferences? Ask us here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

bad rankings for maths (1 Viewer)

8=D

HSC
is being ranked bottom 20% of your maths cohort really bad? my rankings for maths is so bad no matter how much i study bc everyone gets good marks

HSC
Regardless of any level, being bottom 20% is not desirable and it should be an indicator you should be spending more time on advanced to boost your marks, even if it is a subject of not much focus. So to answer your question, Yes, but definitely not something to drop over since its just your first Assessment Task (assuming you're talking about results for your first exam).

I wouldn't beat myself over it but I would acknowledge its not the place I want to be, and I would dedicate more time to Advanced to iron out my mistakes and perfect both study and exam techniques so next assessment I could make a comeback.

• Sad
Reactions: 8=D

8=D

HSC
Regardless of any level, being bottom 20% is not desirable and it should be an indicator you should be spending more time on advanced to boost your marks, even if it is a subject of not much focus. So to answer your question, Yes, but definitely not something to drop over since its just your first Assessment Task (assuming you're talking about results for your first exam).

I wouldn't beat myself over it but I would acknowledge its not the place I want to be, and I would dedicate more time to Advanced to iron out my mistakes and perfect both study and exam techniques so next assessment I could make a comeback.
would being top 30% be favourable

HSC
like over 100 people
then yea that would be desirable if you're trying to do above average but if you're trying to do the best you can then i would try top 10. Might be "unrealistic" or whatever but if you aim high, you'll either get there or land somewhere good anyways.

Reactions: 8=D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)