band 6 cut-off. (1 Viewer)

SpreadTheWord

HSC
I reckon 75. Although some say they found it easy, it's a matter of perception and many will not. I don't want to speak to soon, but my Bio test was much harder than the Physics, and in the Biology im Band 6 material.

So there is an indication of how i felt.

HSC
I reckon 75. Although some say they found it easy, it's a matter of perception and many will not. I don't want to speak to soon, but my Bio test was much harder than the Physics, and in the Biology im Band 6 material.

What do you think the cut off for band 3 will be (in percentage)

damo_g

HSC
I reckon 78ish. I don't think it will reach 80 but it was an easier paper this year so who knows.

weirdguy99

HSC
N/A
Less than 80% raw for a band 6???? This test was surprisingly easy (being conservative here).. If I was BOS, I would make the cut-off lower to mid 80s.

Last edited:

Joshrerts

HSC

Totally agree with that!
im band six in bio and bio was much harder.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
so 70's for a band 5?
-.- He said 63% got you an 82 last year and that (this year?) it will probably be a little lower then that for 80. Tbh i think what got an 82 last year is probably around band 5 cutoff this year, there is no way the band 5 cutoff will be in the 70s.

Wight

ಠ_ಠ
HSC
Personally I dont think there will be much difference. Maybe +5 marks. Imo 2010 paper wasn't as difficult as everyone seems to make out :S.

Gangstar1

HSC
-.- He said 63% got you an 82 last year and that (this year?) it will probably be a little lower then that for 80. Tbh i think what got an 82 last year is probably around band 5 cutoff this year, there is no way the band 5 cutoff will be in the 70s.
ohk so 60's?

Bobbo1

HSC
they cant just jump from a 75 to 82 just in a matter of one year....im sure they'll have a bitch of a marking criteria for all those really easy 2 to 4 markers to discriminate everyone...so my guess is the cut off will only increase by 2 or 3 marks to about 78

Last edited:

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
Totally agree. It's upto the marking guidelines, which they create AFTER marking a few sets of papers apparently?

Bobbo1

HSC
yep after they collect all the exams, they go through a random sample to get a feel for the general responses, THEN they make a marking criteria to discriminate against the whole cohort (not if your answer is correct or not) - this is why I don't think its such an effective method but then again if you're smart u should be fine

Nerdygirl

HSC
Uni Grad
Totally agree. It's upto the marking guidelines, which they create AFTER marking a few sets of papers apparently?
This is very true. My tutor is a senior marker and he is going in on Monday to help create the marking criteria, standards ect so thats when the cut off will start to be set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)