band 6 cut off (1 Viewer)

7th Sign

HSC
probly 90 lol

i dont know...

i dont think they will scale this exam up

maby 88 will get a band 6 aswell

I would have got a band 6 if i didnt get such a shit internal mark is their any way to complain like a bitch to bos about your teacher and unfair shit or something?

I am soo calling up i think the dickead gave me 65 internal

jen_chik87

HSC
lol im guessing i'll get between 85 - 90 for this exam and my internal mark is pretty good. 90 i think. so im hopin 4 my only chance at a band 6.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Internal marks have nothing to do with the band 6 cut off for the exam.

As for my opinion, i dont think that it will stray far from high 80s.

jen_chik87

HSC
oh ok i was told the bands are the hsc marks which are made up of both internal n external

7th Sign

HSC
jen_chik87 said:
oh ok i was told the bands are the hsc marks which are made up of both internal n external
for your hsc mark yeah!

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
There's no way to tell what the cut-off may or may not be, since there's no available data from previous years about Business Studies and its raw Band 6 cut-off. All I can say is that it won't be >90/100, but if you ask me I'd say mid-80s.

miss jaz

Where's Jeff?
HSC
i didnt know the cut off for bands changed each year. i always thought the cut off for band 6 was 90 and above.

so do they change the cut off depending on the marks gained in the exam?

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
miss jaz said:
i didnt know the cut off for bands changed each year. i always thought the cut off for band 6 was 90 and above.

so do they change the cut off depending on the marks gained in the exam?
Band cut-offs aren't based on student performance in the exam. An independent committee aligns the exam according to a fixed set of standards for each subject, and this is not dependent on how well the students have done in that year - e.g. all 16000-odd Business Studies students could get 95/100 if the standard was very good.

And yes, the cut-offs change every year. I doubt very very much that the cut-off would ever be >90/100, as exams never "align down" to my knowledge.

kitch334

What the hell is a band 6 cut of>?

What the hell is a band 6 cut of.

Surely, a band 6 from assesment and a hsc mark warants a band 6 HSC mark?

Can some one help me on this one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dennis Bergkamp is Magic, he wears a magic hat

Chelsea bought the league

miss jaz

Where's Jeff?
HSC
ok then, so what do u have to get to be placed on the honours roll??

a band six? or 90 and above?? lol- im so confused...and am only finding all this stuff on the last days of the hsc...

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
kitch334 said:
What the hell is a band 6 cut of.

Surely, a band 6 from assesment and a hsc mark warants a band 6 HSC mark?

Can some one help me on this one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dennis Bergkamp is Magic, he wears a magic hat

Chelsea bought the league
Your HSC mark is the average of your moderated assessment mark and your aligned examination mark. An aligned HSC mark of 90 will get you a Band 6, 80 Band etc. You only get a band for your final HSC mark, not your other two marks.

MarsBarz

HSC
These guys are just taking wild guesses at what the lowest raw mark would have to be in order to get a band 6 (HSC mark of 90+).

MeehShanku

MeehShankU
HSC
yea obviously it changes every year, but business isnt like one of those exams that has massive changes in level of difficulty lik other exams *cough* 2U maths. my teacher told me that on average a band 6 would roughly be 86-87, 85 (raw mark) pushin the limit. n he said that usually the top mark was around 94-95(raw) n it got to align to 98/99

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
The person who places 1st in the state would most likely get 97+/100 raw. Supposing the cut-off were ~86, 97/100 would align to 98/100. Most years, 99 has been the highest mark, so I'm guessing 1st in the state would have got 98-99/100 raw on these occasions.

Edit: 1st in the state in 2001 and 2004 got 99, 98 for 2002 and 2003.

Last edited:

hillsdude

In my trial, I got 90% raw, our school doesnt alter marks or anything (damn bastards! i wanted a bigger ego boost!), but my teacher thinks that it would transform to around 95-96% HSC mark...Its so confusing!

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
djbucko88 said:
In my trial, I got 90% raw, our school doesnt alter marks or anything (damn bastards! i wanted a bigger ego boost!), but my teacher thinks that it would transform to around 95-96% HSC mark...Its so confusing!
Hmm...probably not that much I'm afraid. 90/100 raw would most likely align to 93-94/100.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Without Wings said:
It's also hard to compare trial marks to hsc marks, as not all teachers are hsc markers, thus don't mark in that way, and also don't fully understand the marking for hsc, as they haven't experienced it.
Plus the HSC exams themselves differ a fair bit from the trials...I personally found all of my trials easier than the HSC exams this year, but maybe that's just me :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)