Band 6 Cut Off (1 Viewer)

always_smile

HSC
I dont know if this thread is anywhere else, since i did not find another one but what raw mark would align to a band 6 in the 2005 economics exam. My teacher, dont know how reliable, thinks it will be approx 84+ since last years or something was 85+ and 2003 82+. i dont know if this is right. what do you guys think?

congrats on finishing economics.

blue16

HSC
N/A
always_smile said:
I dont know if this thread is anywhere else, since i did not find another one but what raw mark would align to a band 6 in the 2005 economics exam. My teacher, dont know how reliable, thinks it will be approx 84+ since last years or something was 85+ and 2003 82+. i dont know if this is right. what do you guys think?

congrats on finishing economics.
My teacher is a country teacher therefore dont know how much she knows. But she estimates at least 82+. but i think thats too low. i think around 84-86+

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Two words: who knows?
always_smile: not to be rude to your teacher or anything, but he cannot know that the cut-off for last year was 85+ unless he gained access to someone's raw marks or was on the aligning committee (the latter being highly improbable, if not impossible) :)

As an estimate, I'd say mid-80s but again it's just a stab in the dark.

Pixydust*

i think itll be really close to 90 because veryone seems to think they did really well in the paper - so maybe 88-89 but hey, whose to know. ill take it all as it comes :)

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Pixydust,

If you are taking your prediction on the basis of this forum, don't.

BOS attracts many of the higher achieving students for each course's candidature. After all, what need do students who are going to receive UAIs of 50 or 60 really have in coming onto this site?

I reckon most people here are probably 95+ UAIs, stretching to 90?

But who knows what the cutoff will be ... lol.

Pixydust*

im sorry to sound pessimistic and your right now that i think about it - but the general consensus in my school and here suggests it was an easy exam (not for me though - i'm kicking myself for all the errors i made lol). i do hope everyone gets the marks that they aim for.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Without Wings said:
Whilst Bos does have many high achieving students, not everyone gets a uai of above 90 - this can be seen in previous years. :)
Don't make the assumption that if a student doesn't get high marks and a high uai that they didn't try. Not everyone has the capacity to do that well, as hard as they may try. Also, students who get a UAI of 50-60 still come here, why wouldn't they. Just because their UAI may not be in the top 10% of the state doesn't mean they dont care, have questions or need help.
Yeah, some of the most un-academic students in my year used this site to download their assignments-so they do use it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)