Band 6 in Chem and Phys? (1 Viewer)

Idkwhattoput

HSC
Uni Grad
I go to a school ranked in the late 300s. I got:

1/14 in Chemistry with 93 trial mark, although it seemed easy - similar in difficulty to this year's CSSA (maybe even a little easier).

1/20 in Physics with 89 trial mark (same situation with chem regarding difficulty).

My school usually gets a band 6 in physics and chem once every 3/4 years. I feel that our year is much better than previous years, but I don't know if im just biased. My question is, do you think 92/93 (maybe even 94) is realistic as HSC marks for phys and chem, or at the very least a band 6 in each? What HSC marks do you guys think I might get in each? If it helps, I'm relatively good at 3u and 4u (97+ HSC mark in each I believe), but not so good at English Advanced (band 4/5 range).

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
It is very possible. A few years back there was someone in a 200-300 ranked school that got 99.9 Atar and state rank in physics on this forum

Only bad thing you have is that maybe your marking was easier and potentially your whole mark rests on what you do in the external. That is really annoying but not much you can do about the second thing

De.Broigle

HSC
Since you are rank 1, you have control of your own situation. So just give it best shot and if you can get band 6, you will.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)