Basic Thoughts & Opinions on Music 1 (1 Viewer)

mrkotter

How does everyone feel they have gone.
I thought i did pretty well. I filled the booklet up.
q4 was the hardest for me i'm not great at pitch

ps does anyone have a copy of the questions forgotten them already

Sarah_Lou

hsc ova
HSC
i liked question 1 & 4
didnt care too much for 2 & 3

omg i just said a question was good....im gonna fail!
whenever i think i go ok, i go bad!
oh well...bye bye good music mark!

jbo69

HSC
scaling

hey the exam was alright, though it was not easy, u needed to know ur stuff. though one question? if someone can answer this, does music get scaled?? like on SAM it said it does not get scaled. that is your raw mark, your final mark??

Richmond

HSC
It was wired but not 2 bad. I filled up every page on the booklet.
Q3 was pretty crap honestly, all my music class laughed when it was playing.
What a typical 21th century music expert~~ damn ~
I really wanna kill the composer actually, coz everyone else could made that up.
It doesnt required any musical background.~ HOHO~

EATAPIE

BMW>>>>Mercedes (see sig)
HSC
chibi_teazer said:
Can i just say one thing... "REPETITION" gah.
EXACTLY!!! The whole excerpt was filled with repetition, how do u talk bout it!!
I looked at it durin readin time, saw vivaldi, and i was thinking, yes, something baroque, cos i play violin, and then wen the thing played, i was like, ok. wot to write now?

Btw, neone reckon they'll top the state?

consty_87

HSC
I liked the paper - I thought it was quite fair, and there wasn't really anything unexpected there. I'm glad we didn't have to compare 2 excerpts though, I really hate those questions.

By the way, I loved the excerpt for Q3 - it was totally weird and atonal, and I thought it was really intriguing, especially the ending where the strings came in. And even if we didn't like it, it was an easy one to talk about. :)

meh05

jbo69 said:
hey the exam was alright, though it was not easy, u needed to know ur stuff. though one question? if someone can answer this, does music get scaled?? like on SAM it said it does not get scaled. that is your raw mark, your final mark??

our cirriculum coordinator works all this stuff out for us. he is really good with the scaling info and can pretty much give you your mark before its released coz he is so spot on. according to his info music is scaled really bad. if you getting 50 and below it was pretty much not worth doing at all. you need to get about 80 for your mark to be worth anything (so much for that). sorry to be the bearer of bad news

mishelly2036

EATAPIE said:
EXACTLY!!! The whole excerpt was filled with repetition, how do u talk bout it!!
I looked at it durin readin time, saw vivaldi, and i was thinking, yes, something baroque, cos i play violin, and then wen the thing played, i was like, ok. wot to write now?

Btw, neone reckon they'll top the state?

YEP HELLO IM HERE! top of the state! i h ave to admit that i went prepared with bull sh!t!
thats UR top of the state! lol jokes

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
The exam was very decent, question 3 & 4 caused the biggest hassles however. Band 6 in music 1, I would say if your hoping for that, you would want to be looking at basically 100%.

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
I think I'd be lucky to get 75 in music. That said, I think I did ok in the aural... nothing fantastic though.

Wazmatron

HSC
I thought this exam was interesting like most the other papers I have already done (except for the common 2U English one). I was reasonably familiar with qu4 but found it difficult in that we had to discuss how pitch was used (I think it should have been a duration or texture question). And wasn't qu3 a wacky example! There was so much to comment on about tension that it was almost too hard to decide were to begin. I thought qu1 was fair, similarly with qu2.
It was also weird with the playings they gave us (1st 5x, 2nd 6x, 3rd 6x, 4th 5x; correct me if I'm wrong). In the past exams I think they went 5,6,6,6.

Music Master

HSC
I thought it was a pretty good exam. The "music" for question 3 was shit, but I think I answered the question pretty well. The same can't be said for question 4 though... that one was only 'meh' for me.
Hopefully my performance marks will even things up.

jbo69

HSC
its all good then

meh05 said:
our cirriculum coordinator works all this stuff out for us. he is really good with the scaling info and can pretty much give you your mark before its released coz he is so spot on. according to his info music is scaled really bad. if you getting 50 and below it was pretty much not worth doing at all. you need to get about 80 for your mark to be worth anything (so much for that). sorry to be the bearer of bad news
thats madd, i got 92 for over all exam mark, so hopefully my mark should get scaled!! cause i shat myself when i saw music does not get scaled up, cause that is only my good subject

pinkballerina18

HSC
Music Practical

I am just curious as to what options (performance, viva, composition?) people chose for their practical, which was ages ago, I know. And what instrument/s do you play?

the_pun

HSC
guitar:
3 performances (all along the watchtower by hendrix, always with me always with u by joe satriani, and the badger (acoustic solo) by the Tea Party) + core (metallica - to live is to die)

pol_pop

HSC
singer:
i hate composition and viva! i just wanna perform! i did 4 performances:
1. Walk on By - Burt Bacharach
2. Cheek to Cheek - Louis Armstrong
3. How Come You Don't Call Me? - Alicia Keys
4. Drive - Bic Runga
that exam was really annoying! they didn't ask about contrast or variation which sort of pissed me off coz they usually do that so i studied it (u know for the ten minutes i studied for the exam!)
my class is screwed for this exam! we all rock performance! best concerts in the state! but about 2 of us can read music and we were only taught the concepts in yr11. my teacher is a bong head!
i filled all the space but i dunno if any of it was even worth reading!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)