BBA111 - Report (1 Viewer)

mserica

HSC
I thought i would make an early start on the Major Research Report for BBA111. Reading over the info and the results given, im completely clueless as to how exaclty am I to interprut the results and ensure that an accurate report is given.

I am also stressing because our tutor said that so many people fail the report as they dont understand the result - i do not partically want to fail this and im happy to skim through and get a pass - so if anyone is doing bba111 or has completed it and is happy to give me an understanding of how to understand the results I would be forever greatful.

Ahhhh until then i guess ill just stress and sleep and look at it on the weekend - my brain is offically fried!

prusso

HSC
im doing bba111, to be honest i havent even looked at anything in regards to it, but wen i do, ill let u no :)

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
If BBA111 hasn't changed, it's run by a psychologist/ex-psychologist/psych-wannabe, and similar tutors. As such, they get you to write in a APA format (so; strict referencing and style guidelines), and get you to interpret statistics (ie p=0.03 is a significant relationship, while p=0.07 wouldn't be...).

This is stock standard Psych stuff (but totally unrelated, and thus not taught, in business), so feel free to put your drafts/thoughts/questions up here and we psycho's will help you out, Erica & Prosso! :)

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
Im doing this report now. My friend has finished it *hate her* In the report writing guidlines that we were given, in the methods section there is a sub heading about Materials/questionnaire nad the ask to describe the overall strategy adopted? What are they talking about, thats the only part i dont get.

And also, i cant access the journals from the library catalogue thingy on the website, and i need them for references *angry face*

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
tasha1188 said:
...in the methods section there is a sub heading about Materials/questionnaire nad the ask to describe the overall strategy adopted?
Admittedly, I can't help you on what they mean by the "overall strategy adopted" (what's the question, or research, exactly? they might be using 'strategy' in a business sense, depending on the question, or 'strategy' as in the general approach to the research method).
The materials/questionnaire section... Basically, in psych, the purpose of a "methods" section is to enable other people to carry out your research in exactly the same manner as you did, if they wanted to. So, you need to be explicit enough so that someone coudl reproduce your research, but brief enough to keep your wordcount down.

For our questionnaire in BBA111, it was something like (from memory);
Our questionnaire was a compilation of the XXXXX quesitonaire by so-and-so (1994), and the XXXX measure by bloggs (1992): the resulting 200 questions were interleaved so as to prevent order-effects in participants' responses. Subjects marked their response to questions on a 7 point likert scale, or selected appropriate categories from a provided list.

The questionnaire was administered to X subjects known personally by the researchers, who were currently employed, and above 18 years of age (mean age = XX; 3 females, 2 males).
So, you end up talking about how you (the lecturer) constructed your questionnaire, what it consisted of (ie the tests that you're using -- we had multiple scales; one for need for achievement, work satisfaction, etc, all done by different authors -- MAKE SURE YOU REFERENCE THEM HERE OR YOU'LL LOSE MARKS!), how, and who it was administered to.

So, as said, you need to include anything and everything someone would need to know if they wanted to reproduce your research.

...hope that helps? :)

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
Thanks Skittled. It does help. Our questionnaire was based on 'trust in management, intrinsic motivation, organisational citizenship behaviour, and intent to leave'

*hopeful*

HSC
i cant remember much about this report but i remember that psych ppl understood it better lol it was a crappy assignment which teaches business ppl absolutely nothing...

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
tasha1188 said:
...Our questionnaire was based on 'trust in management, intrinsic motivation, organisational citizenship behaviour, and intent to leave'
That sounds suspiciously like our one, in sem2 last year.

prusso

HSC
exactly same as last year apparently

only dif is the results are more obvious

still havent started yet, not looking 4ward to it :(

CieL

HSC
I just DL'd the files on it a few days ago....

Opened to look before work and I didnt understand what it was going on about...
I think I've forgotten all my stats =[

Sucks how it's due on the exact same day as my bba102 *cries*

MrRock

HSC
How's everyone going with this? I'm still stuck trying to form an intro that isn't full of fluff. Not looking forward to starting the discussion part. This is a BS assignment with no room for BS!

mserica

HSC
Slowly slowly progressing with this.... though has taken me forever to figure out exactly what they are after!!

CieL

HSC
I dont understand the stats...

This is so bad, it's due on monday and I'm still doing my bba102 presentation which is due on the same day as well =.=

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)