Belonging (Skrznecki) essay question help (1 Viewer)

deswa1

HSC
[FONT=Segoe UI, Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Hey guys- this will be a giant of a post- sorry.
[/FONT]
I'm doing Skrzynecki for belonging, how would you approach the following questions? (I don't want to take too much time away from people though- they're in order of 'importance' so just do as many as you can be bothered/have time for -> don't prioritise this over other stuff).

Thanks so much :)

Perspectives on belonging:
"Belonging is dependent on the perspective of the individual" Discuss this statement with particular focus on how the composers of texts represent perceptions of belonging
Attitudes to belonging change over time. How have the texts you have studied explored shifting attitudes towards belonging?
We search for a place to belong, not realizing that it's our perceptions and attitudes and not the place that allow us to belong.

Identity:
"Individuals have to first construct themselves, independently, before they can be a part of other things". Is this your understanding of belonging?
The larger the crowd, the less the individuality. Draw upon your study of belonging to examine this assertion

Discuss how the text explored the potential of an individual to enrich or challenge a group or community. In your answer, refer to your prescribed text and at least two related texts of your own choosing.- WTF?

Price of belonging: -> What is the price of belonging in Skrzynecki's poems?
Belonging always comes at a price. Does your study of belonging support this idea?
Belonging is a struggle. Discuss this statement in relation to your study.

The challenge to belong may be resisted or embraced. How is this explored in your prescribed text and one other related text of your own choosing?

Human nature:
The need to belong marks us as human and it is such connections that lead to fulfillment. After studying belonging, to what extent do you agree with this statement? In your answer, refer to your prescribed text and two texts of your own choosing.
"The human spirit craves a sense of belonging". To what extent do the texts you have studied support this idea?

hayabusaboston

HSC
Fuck english is sooo abstract and subjective....... omg dreading HSC english.... Anyway lemme think how to answer thisss, imma get back to you in a while.

jenslekman

HSC
[FONT=Segoe UI, Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Hey guys- this will be a giant of a post- sorry.
[/FONT]
I'm doing Skrzynecki for belonging, how would you approach the following questions? (I don't want to take too much time away from people though- they're in order of 'importance' so just do as many as you can be bothered/have time for -> don't prioritise this over other stuff).

Thanks so much :)

Perspectives on belonging:
"Belonging is dependent on the perspective of the individual" Discuss this statement with particular focus on how the composers of texts represent perceptions of belonging
Attitudes to belonging change over time. How have the texts you have studied explored shifting attitudes towards belonging?
We search for a place to belong, not realizing that it's our perceptions and attitudes and not the place that allow us to belong.

Identity:
"Individuals have to first construct themselves, independently, before they can be a part of other things". Is this your understanding of belonging?
The larger the crowd, the less the individuality. Draw upon your study of belonging to examine this assertion

Discuss how the text explored the potential of an individual to enrich or challenge a group or community. In your answer, refer to your prescribed text and at least two related texts of your own choosing.- WTF?

Price of belonging: -> What is the price of belonging in Skrzynecki's poems?
Belonging always comes at a price. Does your study of belonging support this idea?
Belonging is a struggle. Discuss this statement in relation to your study.

The challenge to belong may be resisted or embraced. How is this explored in your prescribed text and one other related text of your own choosing?

Human nature:
The need to belong marks us as human and it is such connections that lead to fulfillment. After studying belonging, to what extent do you agree with this statement? In your answer, refer to your prescribed text and two texts of your own choosing.
"The human spirit craves a sense of belonging". To what extent do the texts you have studied support this idea?
how longs your essay deswa

1st one just talk about how an indiivudals perspecctive on something - eg 10mary st - his perspective of the palce = his home is a source of comfort -> this perspective contributes to a feeling of belonging etc

2nd one if youre doing st pats you can talk about how our lady is unchanged by 8yrs weather and stuff like that =)

hows your 4u prep going?

deswa1

HSC
how longs your essay deswa

1st one just talk about how an indiivudals perspecctive on something - eg 10mary st - his perspective of the palce = his home is a source of comfort -> this perspective contributes to a feeling of belonging etc

2nd one if youre doing st pats you can talk about how our lady is unchanged by 8yrs weather and stuff like that =)

hows your 4u prep going?
Thanks bro- that was actually really helpful.

Umm, my essay is 1350 but I can skip stuff if time runs out. I can do the creative in half an hour though so I should have time.

For 4U, I haven't touched it for days lol- been focusing mainly on english + a bit of eco. Bit of a cramming sesh coming up I think- how's your prep?

asdfqwerty

HSC
Which poems did u pick?

Try to mould the questions and somehow link it to the common themes of belonging that the two poems share.

deswa1

HSC
Which poems did u pick?

Try to mould the questions and somehow link it to the common themes of belonging that the two poems share.
Migrant Hostel and 10 Mary Street

liangson

HSC
Thanks bro- that was actually really helpful.

Umm, my essay is 1350 but I can skip stuff if time runs out. I can do the creative in half an hour though so I should have time.

For 4U, I haven't touched it for days lol- been focusing mainly on english + a bit of eco. Bit of a cramming sesh coming up I think- how's your prep?
hey, dude, try to work 4u hard than eco, 4u can help u skill up a lot, for eco, its not as good as 4u, 4u is so amazing

liangson

HSC
but how to write " the potential of an individual to enrich or challenge a group or community" it sucksssss!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)