Best Aeroplane Carrier - Domestic (1 Viewer)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
interstate?
virgin or qantas...or unless youre cheap go jetstar

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
lol thats like 500 on a return trip on quantas. I'll look for a better deal but gosh that's so expensive. Driving is cheaper :-/ But oh well, can't complain. Saves me a few hours by plane at least.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
where you going anyways? QLD?
driving would probably be the same, or at least just slightly cheaper

ioniser

HSC
virgin s pretty good, it has a way better feel to it than jetstar.you can go from Sydney to Melbourne return for 160.

MuffinMan

HSC
jemsta said:
where you going anyways? QLD?
driving would probably be the same, or at least just slightly cheaper
well I cant take the car anymore
for reasons that I won't post in this forum (my licence isn't suspended in case people were thinking that)
you would know jeremy.

^^ thanks will check that out

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
just have a look at jetstar...sydney-gold coast is like $179 at the cheapest...plus itll only be an hr trip, so you dont need anything fancy

MuffinMan

HSC
brisbane is sold out methinks though :(

is jetstar good, in terms of service and stuff?
god, I don't have a clue what I'm talking about.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
i havent been on it tbh, but i guess its decent.
like i said before itll only be an hr trip, so it shouldnt really matter (if youre talking onboard that is)

lexie85

HSC
i've been to new zealand on jetstar, its boring, no-frills but 300$ cheaper

qantas for domestic? :eek: big waste of money, who cares about service, all you gotta do is get yourself and your luggage there therefore go virgin or jetstar

rozymisty

HSC
Ive flown Virgin Blue to Melbourne and Sydney and was quite happy with both trips.

Strangly enough, a friend was looking to come to Melbourne at the last minute, and Qantas was $10 cheaper than Jetstar! Mind you, from Brisbane on Jetstar you have to land at Avalon. If it was a 2hr trip and around lunch time, I wouldnt mind paying another $10 or so to go Qantas. But I wouldnt pay a fortune just to go Qantas for the meal/snack-not worth it.

With Jetstar, Ive heard that they, like every other airline worldwide, overbook flights as they know that some people miss flights and change flights and stuff. But with Jetstar, apparently you have to be there in the line early so you are guaranteed a seat since everyone takes advantage of the cheap fare and so more pple are there to take the seats, and so some people get left behind.

When I was flying down to Melbourne at like 5.20am, I was able to get like a museli bar for $2 and it satisfied me during the trip which is good.

lexie85

HSC
zimmerman8k said:
Yeah if you're mainly concerned about price just do that.

However, if you want the "best" or rather a more comfortable flight, Qantas is far superior to the discount airlines. Cabins are more comfortable, service is better, check ins faster and you dont have to pay extra for everything.
just the ticket lol

oh yeah i think jetstar goes to the non-main airport in melb, sorry i dont know the names

MuffinMan

HSC
lexie85 said:
just the ticket lol

oh yeah i think jetstar goes to the non-main airport in melb, sorry i dont know the names
no worries, thanks for the tip-off though

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
i like flying virgin, ive flown with them maybe 10 times in the last few years and they have allways delivered. A few times the only flight i could get on was jetstar, they are a fair bit worse [only flown with them like twice though so might have just been unlucky] but also those flights were cheaper and if you are going to brissy its only an hour anyway so not like you need all the service and everything. Given the choice i would take virgin any day, but if jetstar has a flight time thats more convenient i will grumble, but i will go with them.

rozymisty

HSC
Tullamarine is the main airport for Melbourne, Avalon is the one out near Geelong I think.

I'd maybe fly Qantas for long haul flights if there was more room but yeah. Mum has flown Qantas only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)