Best gradual fake tan (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Hey guys,

Can anyone suggest a good gradual fake tan? I have the johnson and johnson one but it doesn't smell that nice. I am very pale so I only want a light colour as I dont want to look orange

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Ooh I had that but I gave it away, stank. I wouldn't mind trying the new neutrogena one - apparently smells like grapefruit (though I don't know if it stinks later, the Johnsons one smells nice at first too..). But yeh, as yet, I'm not game to try it. Sooo.. if anyone tries the neutrogena one, lemme know :p I'm very pale too.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i like the palmers one too, and the dove one smells too, but has a better colour.

i think you either have to put up with the smell or put up with the pale, because i've tried heaps of self tanners and they all smell the same after a few hours.

personally i've embraced the pale...

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
there's this one i use from the body shop
it's coconut moisturizer with a bit of tan added

it's awesome

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
Put some nice smelling lotion or a few drops of your favourite essence with your tanning product (if the tan is a lotion itself). Can take away the bad smell and leaves you smelling better.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
I've put on the dove one on my legs tonight. Hoping to get a ridiculously gradual tan so I don't even look like I've tanned, just want some colour in my legs :( (my arms are fine..considering..but my legs are translucent!).

I applied it maybe 3 or so hours ago and can see no change. I heard the dove one was very gradual but whoa haha. Anyway, I'll see how it goes when I wake haha. The smell isn't too bad either.

HSC
dove summer glow is good i use that and it looks really natural and it is so simple.

johnsons tend to look a little orange

em_516

bludging..
HSC
em_516 said:
I've put on the dove one on my legs tonight. Hoping to get a ridiculously gradual tan so I don't even look like I've tanned, just want some colour in my legs :( (my arms are fine..considering..but my legs are translucent!).

I applied it maybe 3 or so hours ago and can see no change. I heard the dove one was very gradual but whoa haha. Anyway, I'll see how it goes when I wake haha. The smell isn't too bad either.
K, this smelt good until I went to bed and obviously confined the smell to one area. Yuck! Deadset I think it's as strong as Johnsons. That said, I drowned my legs in shower gel this morning and they smell fine again (I think). Barely any colour today, am gonna do another coat on Thurs night and hopefully keep my legs coloured but low-key (and not too stinky I hope, yay!).

HSC
the dove one is the best

or just harden the fuck up and use the st tropez fake tan which is pretty much the best thing ever

em_516

bludging..
HSC
katietheskatie said:
the dove one is the best

or just harden the fuck up and use the st tropez fake tan which is pretty much the best thing ever
I heard St Tropez goes a bit streaky, and a bit exxy imo. But whatevs. I'm happy with what I've got so far!

micky131

HSC
ive used almost every gradual tan but i think by far PALMERS NATURAL BRONZE is the best it smells like cookies :)

rozymisty

HSC
hehe im like you alleycat. I know that I can NEVER tan, just burn. Though i will get that tog tan but it just looks mottley purple, like when your cold and after a while it goes away.

My friend from scotland came at the start of the year, pale as me, even though ive lived in aus for 24yrs, and she now has a tan,..and freckles.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)