best way to study... (1 Viewer)

bitchymcbitch

Uni Bum
HSC
how do i study.. like i know the shit.. but i need refreshing... whats the best way???

i need :
chem
bio
maths
music
CAFS
ext 1 eng
avd eng

specially chem and music an english... what do i do??

my exams are on wednesday.. :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

Giant Lobster

HSC
chem - just read the text book. try to understand why, and not just remember.

i dunno the rest cos i dun do music and suck at english :p

Rahul

Dead Member
see if you can get ur hands on past papers, esp the sciences and maths.

for english, you can prepare notes and practice writting essays(ask your teacher for some topics) with time limits like the exam.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
for one: you should be paying attention in class and write down the notes the teacher gives you for future references. like now... before the test.....the best way to remember things is by putting them to practice.. theres no point in learning it if you cant apply the knowledge.. for chem.. know your cmole calculations and shit... *shudders* and for music.. know your basic theory....ie . know your scales and sharps and flats...know your history of the music topic area your doing eg.. blues... know how many beats are this and that [ semi quavers, semibreves, blah]...... hmm yeah read over your notes... i think thats the best :)

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
For English know lots of quotes and be able to write using any texttype for ur particular text. In our english paper we got an essay and i the text was so hard to relate to an essay (it was weird)... so yeah that and practice essays sticking to time limit

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
maths & chem - practice questions, practice questions

english - make notes on what to learn, then practice answering the Q ASKED in essays

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
You write and essay, than re-write it then repeat writing it a ouple of 1000's times...

Giant Lobster

HSC
Originally posted by rhapsodyinblack
What have you studied in Music? I might be able to give you notes.

Basically, what everyone has said is correct. You should revise thoroughly and for English, know your texts really well.
is that it? awww i was lookin forward to scabbing killer study-strategies from a ruser. :rolleyes: :p

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
You write and essay, than re-write it then repeat writing it a ouple of 1000's times...
sif write the essay before hand thats stupid coz u kno the question

unless its practicing or sth... i dont get the re-write thing coz that means uve written before hand and ur just tryin to memorise

(remembering essays reminds me of yr10 history *shudder*)

use NOTES for eng... (esp: QUOTES)

thats the best way u shud kno how to structure an essay and in the exam u'll be able to write so much more instead of remmebering the essay back to front u wrote beforehand

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Do you have any excel books? I reccommend that you buy a couple of them to refresh your mind. Also try buying other textbooks on that topic, because osme textbooks explain concepts better than others and doing practise questions!!

Last edited:

bitchymcbitch

Uni Bum
HSC
Originally posted by rhapsodyinblack
What have you studied in Music? I might be able to give you notes.

Basically, what everyone has said is correct. You should revise thoroughly and for English, know your texts really well.
mostly concept stuff.. i just need to remember what to cover in my questions..

also, music of the 20th and 21st century,
small ensembles and music in religion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)